Noll9173

Stamp press needed

Hello fellow leatherworkers,

I'm in need of recommendations for a stamp press. the die size is rather large. the dimensions are 6" x 1 1/8". It is too long to be set by hand (jumps to much). Any help would be great Thanks - Eric

I am not sure what you mean by stamp press and die size. Are you trying to emboss a logo that size or cut something that size? If it is for embossing does it have to be heated as well? 6" x 1 1/8" is pretty big and I would normally resort to using a clicker press for that sort of tonnage depending on how much detail in the stamp there is, but there are some other ways as well. A picture could help if that is possible.

Is this a one-off job, or something you want to be able to repeat? I have a 30 tonne shop press that I have used to emboss and cut leather with to approximately this size. So long as the stamp is rigid enough, or you use a top plate that is rigid enough, I believe you will have no problem.

You probably do not even need to go so heavy as a 30 tonner, but I don't know how heavy will be 'heavy enough'.