Sign in to follow this  
RJonestitch

getting ready to retire my leather business

Hello, I keep trying to reach admin, but have not heard back thus far...

My name is Robert Jones. I am a leather worker and owner of HandSewnLeather.com

I am phasing out of the commercial leather business and I am thinking about selling the domain name HandSewnleather.com

I was seeking permission on 1. If it is ok, and 2. where to put

a post about selling my domain name and what it might be worth...interested parties could pm me, or whatever you think best

thank you in advance for any help or suggestions

The name is good..descriptive..

I'd say the worth will depend on if you are selling the domain with the name..because of the "backlinks", which if they are not all to the home page , any which are to other pages will be lost without the domain..

Reputation..says over 10 thousand customers..many military..goodwill and good reputation should be OK and worth something..

As to the site itself, old school ( tables ) ..but very light weight..good..especially for mobile ( which is 95% of all users / potential customers, nowadays..smartphone is king ) home page code is around 13k , Very good loads very fast..Images are well optimised..total in the home page slide show comes in just over 200k..very good..

.I'm not in the market to buy a that site or domain name, but I wish you success Robert, both in the sale, and in a happy retirement..

* Just checked on mobile, I had not done so before, I was just looking at the very light code, and thinking, Fast....the site does break, on a phone, in portrait view some of the navigation disappears off to the right, but horizontal on tablet should be OK..So that ought to be addressed, but, to change what is currently a very simple site built in tables to fully responsive ( divs and CSS, and make the nav bigger etc **) would not take long at all, anyone mentions it in order to "negotiate" the price, only consider adjusting the price of the site by 5% max.

** There are ready made free ( as in Beer ) bootstrap code examples that any web dev could drop your site into and have it looking like it does now, and responsive on phones and tablets..with not  a great deal of work.

Clarification..I'm not "making a pitch" to "redo" your site.. :)

I don't "do" / "code" other people's sites..

Edited by mikesc
Addition / Revision / Clarification

I don't see how I could sell my website to someone else....only looking to sell the domain name. 

For the right person, I would make a YouTube video (I have a channel) and let all my viewers know I am phasing out and supporting whoever buys my domain name. Also have email list, and some tools....(package deal only)

Edited by RJonestitch

Websites with the domain name get bought and sold all the time ( to sell the site with the name, you just copy the site, or download it via FTP and the new owner uploads the copy or the zip "archive" of the complete site, "unzips" on their host's server, "points" the domain name to their host's "name server" creates the site email addresses as per your list..and Voila ! :)

Domain names are sold on their own too, but as you already have a site with examples..If I were you, I'd sell the complete package..it is worth more as a package " ready to work " than the domain name is on it's own.. :)

Think of it like selling a house..or selling the same house with all the furniture ready to live in..

Or, as it is a business.

Think of it like selling the "shop" ( empty , but with the sign over the door ) = Domain name only..
or,
Selling the same shop, with the sign over the door, and everything inside, fully equipped to be in business the moment the new owner has paid the money and you have given them the keys to the place..= Domain name and Website as a package.
HTH :)

On 6/18/2019 at 12:03 AM, Northmount said:

You could put a post under business / estate sales.

Tom

Thank you! I'll come up with something this weekend and post it there.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:04 PM, RJonestitch said:

Thank you! I'll come up with something this weekend and post it there.

I have a rjones sheath on a collaboration kephart. Probably my favorite sheath