YSRASupply

Adler 167 GK 373 - Which Oil?

Hi there!

I just got a (new to me) Adler 167 GK 373.  This is my first machine ever and I'm really excited to start using it... One thing I wasn't sure on was if there is a particular oil I need for this machine?  I found some documentation online for the machine and all it says is to use oil with viscosity at 20 degrees Celsius = cSt: 193,0 and viscosity at 50 degrees Celsius = cSt: 41,0 and a flash point of 224.

From what I have gathered around here, most people are recommending Lilly White sewing machine oil but I haven't been able to find any specs on it... would that be ok for the machine?

Also, having never owned or used an industrial machine before, how often do you recommend oiling and how much? Once a month and a drop or two of oil at each of the points on the diagram?

Lastly, for reference I have attached the "directions for use" document to this thread... (was only able to upload the English pages because of file size limitations)

Thanks!

image.png.6590583805a041243e447a9d30f49c88.png

Adler 67 Directions for Use.pdf

don´t worry to much about the oil, plain Lilly White oil works on most sewing machines you seldom really need special oils. Sewing machines Co´s back then tried to sell their own "special" oil, Singer and Pfaff did this as well.

Oh ok thanks!  As for actually oiling the machine... just a few drops in each hole/point? Lastly, can I use something like this to apply the oil? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004YK76/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_2wZbDb15AAQ0A 

when the machine was not in use for a while (maybe years?) I would generously oil the machine and not only on the oil ports also where moving parts come together (and there are a lot of moving parts). Let the oil maybe soak in maybe for a day (wicks are probably dry) and then remove access oil the next day. Oil will find its way and will drip off somewhere. I`m personally oiling the machine not before using I´m oiling when I´m done with the work so oil can soak in and I can wipe off access oil before I stark sewing so it will not "spill" when sewing.

Thanks guys!  I think I'll skip the oil can I linked earlier... I think the spout will be much too big... instead I'll go with precision bottles like the ones chrisash mentioned.

The MSDS for Lilly White oil indicates it's an IS0 32 (although I have seen a reference to ISO 22) oil, which is an hydraulic oil. I'm using ISO 68, which is a bit heavier but it's what I had handy and seems to work ok.