paloma

leather pen box

Hi,leather workers,my last creation,I needed a box to store my pens.

penbox1.jpg

penbox2.jpg

Wonderful!  Would love a tutorial on how it's done. 

Very simple,

it's molded leather on a wood form and after ,stitching, nothing secret the way to do is very represented on youtube.

form.jpg

Edited by paloma

IIWY, I'd add some internal dividers* in a row, ( in the manner of those in cigar holders built for two or more cigars ) to stop the pens rattling around in there, scratching each other's casings,  and possibly leaking ( due to being horizontal or inverted  during transport )..some leather cylinders stood next to each other in a row, and stuck in with contact adhesive ( it works even if you cant pre-coat both surfaces ) would work..

*One pen per cylinder.. maybe even leave some space at one end of the pen case for erasers or a small sheet of folded blotting paper,

I'd be a little worked about that "clear" edge or band on the outside of the case, eventually getting inky or dirty? is it sealed ?**

A version with "tooling"/"carving" in place of where the black panels are would be interesting..and allow for "monogramming/ personalisation"..Exclusive "one off" "Gift"..sell nicely , especially pre-Christmas, or Mothers day, or Fathers day, present for writer or artist.

Curiosity..The pens..for writing, or sketching, or both  ? :)

** I didn't watch the youtube..I have too many tabs open ( 1500+ ) in this browser ATM to "allow youtube" and risk crashing the browser with all that scripting..already have "here" allowed, which is "tempting fate" ..

Edited by mikesc
addition

Very nice stylish looking design there @paloma :yes:

On 6/19/2019 at 2:00 PM, mikesc said:

IIWY, I'd add some internal dividers* in a row, ( in the manner of those in cigar holders built for two or more cigars ) to stop the pens rattling around in there, scratching each other's casings,  and possibly leaking ( due to being horizontal or inverted  during transport )..some leather cylinders stood next to each other in a row, and stuck in with contact adhesive ( it works even if you cant pre-coat both surfaces ) would work..

*One pen per cylinder.. maybe even leave some space at one end of the pen case for erasers or a small sheet of folded blotting paper,

I'd be a little worked about that "clear" edge or band on the outside of the case, eventually getting inky or dirty? is it sealed ?**

A version with "tooling"/"carving" in place of where the black panels are would be interesting..and allow for "monogramming/ personalisation"..Exclusive "one off" "Gift"..sell nicely , especially pre-Christmas, or Mothers day, or Fathers day, present for writer or artist.

Curiosity..The pens..for writing, or sketching, or both  ? :)

** I didn't watch the youtube..I have too many tabs open ( 1500+ ) in this browser ATM to "allow youtube" and risk crashing the browser with all that scripting..already have "here" allowed, which is "tempting fate" ..

all pens.i dont choose betwen them.i love all, like my kids.

Thanks RockyAussie ! ;)

Edited by paloma

Now completly finished....

dR7ed.jpg

:)

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:00 PM, paloma said:

Now completly finished....

That divider is a nice touch. Well done.