YinTx

Some of the items ready for my table at the show this weekend.

Wish me luck.  Some templates, some my own design, tried some new coloring techniques etc.

YinTx

billfolds1LoRes.thumb.jpeg.cc83a0b7e7a0318476e9354f42d0a842.jpeg

Those look great!

18 minutes ago, Sofaspud said:

Those look great!

Many thanks!  Hopefully folks like them well enough to buy them!

YinTx

They look great! The tooling and coloring is very nice! Interesting designs. 

Wondering what price you are asking for the wallets. If you would rather not say I understand. I have been making some wallets using kangaroo and basically gifts for family and the local senior center fund raiser. 

Good luck at the show. I imagine prices & interest vary greatly depending on location. 

Some ladies like shoes, some boys like guns, the right guy would buy all of them!

Great work, YinTx! GOOD LUCK!!!

If I can ever make stuff to that standard I'll die with a smile on my dial :)  Beautiful work YinTx.  JayInOz

Amazing as ever, I hope the market goes well for you 

21 hours ago, TomWisc said:

Good luck at the show. I imagine prices & interest vary greatly depending on location. 

Yes, you are correct.  Everyone here looks at it and says "Ooooh that's nice" and keep on walkin.

19 hours ago, ABHandmade said:

Great work, YinTx! GOOD LUCK!!!

Many thanks!

17 hours ago, JayInOz said:

If I can ever make stuff to that standard I'll die with a smile on my dial :)  Beautiful work YinTx.  JayInOz

If you try, you will, and thank you!

17 hours ago, HaloJones said:

Amazing as ever, I hope the market goes well for you 

Appreciate it!

YinTx

Maybe Sunday will be better.

8 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Maybe Sunday will be better.

I'm not complaining, I sold some stuff to other vendors like some leather I wasn't using, and delivered a key remote holder someone ordered in the past, so I have some $$ in the pocket.  :)  But I do hope today is better.

YinTx

Did not sell a single tooled wallet, but did sell a hat, a caiman skin, and a key holster, so that was good.  Paid for the table and my time.  Learned a lot this time around from a holster maker, so that was worth it!

YinTx

Good bonus:gun:

I'd be interested to know why your wallets didn't sell. The art and workmanship are obviously top notch.  Any guesses? JayInOz 

In England as a very much generalised point of view, people tend to go to shows and markets without any pre intention of buying but just to see what's on offer, they may impulse buy something at low cost but basically more interested in looking, Some go with the intention of seeing something they have heard of and want to touch, feel it but probably few in numbers

Social media is much the same, it can be good for long term marketing, (making people aware you exist) but mostly not looking to buy at that moment in time

Amazon, EBay and web sites are mainly searched by people looking to buy a item and compare them

3 hours ago, chrisash said:

In England as a very much generalised point of view, people tend to go to shows and markets without any pre intention of buying but just to see what's on offer, they may impulse buy something at low cost but basically more interested in looking, Some go with the intention of seeing something they have heard of and want to touch, feel it but probably few in numbers

Social media is much the same, it can be good for long term marketing, (making people aware you exist) but mostly not looking to buy at that moment in time

Amazon, EBay and web sites are mainly searched by people looking to buy a item and compare them

I completely agree. 

Y, you may want to check out this guy's series on doing shows. He has lots of real experience working craft fairs. His insights are very spot on from what I have seen. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/wortheffort

Small impulse items do well, and Sean brings bigger ticket items more for display to attract orders. 

One thing I have noticed working only a few shows (in my area) is, no one seems to stock any "Man Stuff". These poor husbands just look bored to death being drug from one booth to the next. 

All the shows I haven't worked, I have been that poor bastard being towed along looking at earrings and necklaces. :huh:

Just the kind of insight that may help.

17 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

Good bonus:gun:

Indeed!

9 hours ago, JayInOz said:

I'd be interested to know why your wallets didn't sell. The art and workmanship are obviously top notch.  Any guesses? JayInOz 

Quite certainly overpriced for this particular show.

8 hours ago, chrisash said:

I think your assessment is pretty accurate.  I will probably put some on Ebay also, just to test the waters there.

4 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Small impulse items do well, and Sean brings bigger ticket items more for display to attract orders. 

This is some of what I got schooled on by my neighbor vendor.  This is a really small show, so I'm trying to hone my bit some before trying a large show.  The table is cheap, the lessons valuable.  :)

Bikermutt, there appear to be hundreds of videos there to scroll through, any one in particular I should be viewing?

YinTx

I have seen his video on "Art, Craft and Farmer Market Basics."  Pretty good info there.

YinTx

27 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I have seen his video on "Art, Craft and Farmer Market Basics."  Pretty good info there.

YinTx

That's a good one. I think he did 4 or 5 on doing shows.

He is an entertaining teacher. I love watching him.

bikermutt07, can you remember the names of the other videos on doing markets, so I can search them on his website?  

Sorry, couldn't get the bolding to turn off after I copied and pasted your name! 

Edited by Sheilajeanne

On 6/24/2019 at 6:15 AM, bikermutt07 said:

One thing I have noticed working only a few shows (in my area) is, no one seems to stock any "Man Stuff". These poor husbands just look bored to death being drug from one booth to the next. 

All the shows I haven't worked, I have been that poor bastard being towed along looking at earrings and necklaces. :huh:

Just the kind of insight that may help.

Oh man, that is the truth!  Really good point. 

Nice!

@Sheilajeanne here you go....

I guess the rest of them are mostly on making different woodworking projects for art markets. But if you watched them as well, I'm sure you would pick up even more tips. Sean is very thorough and drops tips all over the place. Not to mention, he's pretty entertaining.