Little cross draw sheath I made for myself! The knife was a gift from my wife and custom made by a friend. I believe he buys the Damascus blades "pre-made" but the handle is all him. The inlay is our brand.

For the sheath I used 8 oz HO. It has a full welt around the knife which has been skived from full thickness to nothing at the outer edge. The finish is NF oil, followed by Aussie Wax and a day in the sun then topped off with a little glycerin saddle soap. 

I've only had it done for a few days but so far the design seems solid.

All the best, Josh

022.thumb.jpg.4fb02d759657a28fe9c59b98450ebdbe.jpg026.thumb.jpg.885c1d122c672b3cdb47c5b1a253dc05.jpg

That is nice. Thanks for showing the blade as well. 

Well done.

Looks good. Is that antler in the centre handle section? Whatever it is it's nicely fitted to the wood. And what's with the stitches that cross from one row to the other? I assume there's a reason for it I just haven't seen that done before.

Thanks Biker!

Dikman,

Thank you! The handle is bone, and the knife maker did do a very nice job! As for my stitching, that was me avoiding stopping and starting more than I wanted to. Start on the inside row, go around until you cross 3 or 4 stitches, go sideways to the outside row and go around it until you cross over it 3 or 4 stitches. Then you have 2 rows of stitching with 1 start and 1 stop point. No real reason besides me being lazy :)

Have a great day folks! 

Josh

I'm guessing machine stitched?  I like it!  Very nice design with simple beauty!

That is an interesting design and I like the color, and I am sorry to be critical but I would have put the maker's mark on the back.

My stamp is similar to yours. It is a utilitarian stamp, not a work of art. I would not put it front and center.

If anything, that is where the owner's initials belong, and yes, I know you are the owner!

Anyway, that's my thoughts. Again, sorry to be critical.

BTW, I'm an ol' Missouri boy, myself. Been in living in the desert for the past 40 years though.

Missing the Ozarks...

nick

Edited by wizard of tragacanth

Hmmm, I thought that was the back.  My bad.

I'm also a transplant to Texas from Joplin, my home town.  Also been gone 40+ years...

Well heck.  He said "cross draw" so I guess that means right handed, wear it on the left hip and the knife would slide out of the right side.  So maybe it is on the front! :crazy:

Assuming he's right handed.

Haha, hey guys, sorry to come in late! Yes, on machine stitched. I hear you on the stamp, if it were for anyone else it would have gone on the inside. That it even got a stamp was an afterthought, I stamped it after it was already stitched up. Not on purpose, just getting forgetful I guess. I'm a western transplant to Mo. Grew up in central UT and spent several years in northern AZ after I got out of the service before coming to MO.  

Thanks to you both for your input and for taking the time to comment.

All the best, Josh