ltoddv

What kind of knot is this??

Can anyone help me figure out what this knot is? I am not a braider but was asked to make this headstall for a customer. To me it looks like a knot that slides over the strings to hold the bit on and at then at the browband to hold the two pieces together. Thanks for any help!

73BDA037-A506-46D5-B1EC-3274AC868603.jpeg

92CDD92A-7ED2-4685-B563-57704FE457FC.jpeg

At last, a auestion i can answer as braiding and knots are my thing!

This is a 2 strand knife lanyard knot.  Looks complex but pretty easy to do.   I'll post a pic ftom my knot book :)

Typed the last post on my phone in bright sunlight !  Hopefully there won't be typo in this post lol

Here's a pic of how to do the knot.  The leather strap on the brow band is just cut in two and the knot done at the start of the split and so it'll act like a button.  The knot can be doubled, following the original strand which gives it a fuller "4 strand" look but it is only done with 2.  It resembles the diamond knot on the rope halters - the one under the chin.

I use this knot on keyrings.  The one below is in paracord.

knife lanyard knot 1.jpg

snake knot and knife lanyard knot - key ring.jpg

Thank you Marronne! I will try to remember to post some pictures when I get it done! I’m waiting on Measurements now and will be getting it done soon. Thanks again!

The knot your asking about is a two strand turkshead. If you go to Jack Armstrong Braiding page on Facebook, he has a good video on it. Good luck. Buck.

Same knot, different name :)  Nice little video - easier to follow than my pic above