Zonker1972

Tandy Craftool Pro Stamps Discontinued

I have been procrastinating for a couple of months about getting a couple of stamps that I need to do a Sheridan floral corner that i got from the Leathercraft library. When I went to put them into my cart on the Tandy app, imagine my surprise when no craftool pro stamps come up. You get a pic of a sheet of leather with the impressions and stamp numbers but no way to put the stamps in your cart. I thought.... must be something wrong with the app. i checked the website and the same thing. So i went to the store and picked up a couple but when i asked if they had the three others that i couldn't find i was informed that Tandy was discontinuing the Craftool pro stamps. 

This is unfortunate b/c they are the only NEW Tandy stamps that I will buy.

Has anyone else run into this?

Zonker

Yup, gone for a few months now.  Would like to have picked up a couple more.  They went on sale, but ads didn't say they were being discontinued!  Else would have gone to the store sooner.

Tom

Rumor has it that they may be replaced by tools from a custom maker.

On 6/28/2019 at 5:22 AM, TSes said:

Rumor has it that they may be replaced by tools from a custom maker.

they've tried that before but were to expensive and eventually dropped them too.

Just what everybody will want, another Tandy "Multiuse Custom Stamp" for $300 each... I don't do much tooling myself, however, I have on occasion done some basic basket weave tooling and the "Pro Tool" stamps were actually useable. Really makes you wonder who is making the business decisions at Tandy. I don't see how they expect to offer stamping tools to compete with some of the existing makers that exist today. 

On 6/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, Zonker1972 said:

I have been procrastinating for a couple of months about getting a couple of stamps that I need to do a Sheridan floral corner that i got from the Leathercraft library. When I went to put them into my cart on the Tandy app, imagine my surprise when no craftool pro stamps come up. You get a pic of a sheet of leather with the impressions and stamp numbers but no way to put the stamps in your cart. I thought.... must be something wrong with the app. i checked the website and the same thing. So i went to the store and picked up a couple but when i asked if they had the three others that i couldn't find i was informed that Tandy was discontinuing the Craftool pro stamps. 

This is unfortunate b/c they are the only NEW Tandy stamps that I will buy.

Has anyone else run into this?

Zonker

Jacksons Western Store in Asheville, N.C. still has a display case full of Craftool Pro stamps. Contact them through the website, they may have what you want.

In the light of Tandy's new pricing strategy, i am pretty much sure ,if they gonna come up with a replacement for their Craftool Pro Stamps,   everybody will be impressed...hopefully in a good way. 

Our local Tandy store still has the Craftool Pro stamps available, but I imagine once the stock runs out, that will be it. If you can visit a Tandy store near you, they may have what you need.

If they don't, and really care about your business, they may be able to order the stamps from another store that still has them in stock.

Edited by Sheilajeanne