Reegesc

The Sorta Kelly Bag

Here's a construction description of the "Sorta Kelly Bag", my interpretation of the iconic Kelly Bag.   This isn't a step-by-step tutorial, but more of a general guide for the intermediate leatherworker and a rough schematic with enough information to make your own pattern

.Sorta Kelly Bag.pdf

Kelly Bag.png

Thank you for sharing!  There is a lot of good information in this write up.  I probably won't go to all the trouble to duplicate the hardware but I would like to try and make one of these bags someday soon.  Your bag looks great.

Thanks CS.

Great write up. I may have to start with the miniature paper version.

Thanks for sharing this detail! Abas Hardware also stock (occasionally) the hardware; I’ve used it on a similar ‘Kelly’ clutch, and it worked nicely, good quality. 

https://abasfashionaccessories.com/collections/closures/products/kit-hb 

3 hours ago, motocouture said:

Thanks for sharing this detail! Abas Hardware also stock (occasionally) the hardware; I’ve used it on a similar ‘Kelly’ clutch, and it worked nicely, good quality. 

https://abasfashionaccessories.com/collections/closures/products/kit-hb 

Thanks for the source,  That set is a lot closer to the real hardware than what Ohio Bag sells.  Yours uses those tiny rivets as Hermes does whereas Ohio Bag uses screws and has fake rivet dents in the front.  Very cool, thanks.

Edited by cseeger

Here's a schematic that I took a screen shot of some time back.  I don't remember having even taken it let alone the source.  Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't but here it is at any rate.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 1.37.14 PM.png

Great schematic, thanks!