Sign in to follow this  
Studio-N

Did Tandy drop their WC & Elite gimmicks?

I only see one price online.  haven't been into a store in a while. did they drop their wholesale club pricings?

Yes they did!  Amongst other changes.

- Bill

Yes, they did. About 1 week after I paid a load of butterflies for 'Elite'. :(

Say laa vee

1 hour ago, fredk said:

Yes, they did. About 1 week after I paid a load of butterflies for 'Elite'. :(

Say laa vee

I think I saw or heard it mentioned that they would refund said butterflies... might be worth asking.

YinTx

Hopefully they've picked a price point that is good.

32 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I think I saw or heard it mentioned that they would refund said butterflies... might be worth asking.

YinTx

yeah, I'll ask, asking can do no harm

Fredk they should I got a letter since I had purchased an elite membership I got a gift card for the full amount I paid. 

Todd

7 hours ago, fredk said:

yeah, I'll ask, asking can do no harm

1 hour ago, Hildebrand said:

Fredk they should I got a letter since I had purchased an elite membership I got a gift card for the full amount I paid.  

They said they would. It would be decent if they did it without people having to contact them.

A gift card is not the same as $$$. You gave them actual money, they refunded a card; try putting it back in the bank or spending it at QuickiMart. Companies refunding cards for their own goods, cost them far less than you gave them as there is the profit portion in any purchase you make.

I understand Corporate needs, but maintaining good relations with customers would be sensible. I used Tandy in UK from Pearce Tandy in the 1980s but I have not even looked at their site since they closed UK stores, nor will I.

17 hours ago, Studio-N said:

I only see one price online.  haven't been into a store in a while. did they drop their wholesale club pricings?

Check out this thread for facts on the change, the reason and the results....

Hwinbermuda, I know what you are saying but at least the gift card is better than thanks for the donation the program no longer exists.  I have had that happen to me also, not in leather but other facets of life.  Also its not like I am never spending any more money with Tandy.

Todd

It was more fun to shop there before. Now there are no strong price cuts, and the manager seems to have less power on the prices. 

Here in Australia, Tandy ' dropped' an entire store . 

All on-line now and shipped from the US . 

HS 

The pricing is better across the board for everyone.  I was on Elite and then business before.  After the change I get most of my commonly purchased items at even less than I did before.  I don’t buy leather from them but some other items I really appreciated the drop.  

No club to join... flat shipping rate... better pricing all around.  I’m sure someone will still manage to hate on them anyway.  

Weeeee