Laurajane

Adler 167 373 walking foot adjustment left to right

Hi, I am using an adler 167 373 to sew leather handbags. It's a great machine, old but still hums along nicely. I've hit a problem with the foot. It started rubbing on one side. I tried changing the feet over to another set. It doesn't rub anymore but the needle is now positioned very close to the edge of the internal foot hole. I think this is causing an issue when I'm sewing thicker layers. Is there a way to move the the foot to the right without the needle moving too? The needle could maybe move a couple of mm but i think the needle position is ok. Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks 

LRM_EXPORT_16298081815803_20190707_165345621.jpeg

Try rotating the needle bar. It may be eccentric and positionable.

Wizcrafts can you tell me how to do this please? Sorry it may be very straight forward but I'm not very knowledgeable about this machine. Thanks 

The outside, or lifting presser foot seems cocked off to one side in relation to the needle plate and feed dog.  Once you get that lined up, you should be able to center the inside vibrating foot hole where the needle goes through.  

Greg,

I agree with you.  The outside foot is not parallel with the throat plate/feed dog.  To correct it, the shaft for the outside foot has to be loosen and rotated.  Remove the inside foot before doing this. It has been awhile since I have worked on a 267.  Send us a few pics of the back of the head and the left side of the machine with the cover plate removed.  We then can tell you what to loosen to rotate the outside foot shaft.

glenn

Thankyou I really appreciate it! Please let me know if you need any more photos. When I look at the outside foot I can see it's not lined up with the feed dog at all. It also looks like the righthand side of the outside foot sits a bit lower than the left side 

20190708_204004.jpg

Sorry about posting the images as separate posts. I'm not to good with technology and my photos seem to be a bit big

LRM_EXPORT_63568430042145_20190708_204737037.jpeg

Ok so I managed to get the outside foot looking alot better by adjusting it via the back but the inside foot is way off. I have no idea

LRM_EXPORT_64397549839167_20190708_210245432.jpeg

How do the other feet line up here?

I put the internal foot from my welting set on and its perfect! So I'm guessing that means it's the foot thats not right not the machine. So now I'm on the search for another new set. 

I've bought a few generic Singer feet from Chinese sellers and have found I sometimes have to mix'n'match the feet to get them to line up!! Plus a bit of grinding here and there.:rolleyes2:

Looks like a new feed dog should be on the way as well, they are available cheap generic and should work well.  The one on there is so worn out you may start to get the material flagging.