Sign in to follow this  
Catta

29K8 new purchased

I have bought my leather leather sewing machine at auction.

Wonder if there is any manual?

Are there spare parts to buy?
Such as strap, coil, presser foot, thread tread.

Finally, what is suitable for sewing on this machine?

20190708_070503.jpg

That's a good looking machine and stand. It has all necessary parts.

Accessories that are available include bobbins, bobbin cases (shuttles), threading rods, bobbin winder tires and presser feet. New leather belting and C clips are always available online.

As for replacement parts, they are usually sold in the aftermarket and are made in China. Original Singer parts are out there, taken from donor machines that are stripped to the bare frame. You will pay about twice as much for genuine Singer parts than the Chinese knockoffs. I've seen genuine Singer 29k presser feet sell for over $30 compared to $12 for the knockoffs. The clone feet may not sit straight, or may be straight but off center, or perfect. Roll the dice.

Thanks

Where can I By this online.

(Accessories that are available include bobbins, bobbin cases (shuttles), threading rods, bobbin winder tires and presser feet. New leather belting and C clips are always available online)

machine should be the same as the 29K4 and the like. I only have this quite poor manual.

Singer 29K4 Manual.pdf

There are a lot of 29K models (different subclasses) and there are several differences. Yours seems to be from the early 1900´s. Most available parts are for the late models and not all are compatible with your very early 29K. There are are a few parts that universal fit (not many) and some can be modified to fit. You f.i. can buy 29K parts from College Sewing in the UK or Ebay.com.

Machine looks quite complete so what parts do you actually need.

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you for the manual, I have only lubricated the machine not tested yet, so I do not know if the parts are worn out.