spinaround

pricing

I have a Singer patch machine  29K 70 that I'm wanting to sell but don't know how much to charge . It's in very good running condition, has treadle base, lots of new needles, new shuttle.

20190707_144338 (1).jpg

Have you googled this model to see how many are available and what price they are asking? That might give you a place to start, to see if there is any interest.

nice machine.  Antique, with original base.  if it sews well, you could probably ask for $1400 and get it.  Lots of guys love these older singers. 

Edit:  Taking a second look, this machine looks in awesome condition.  I would bet you could get 1600 for it, if you could find a collector.  

Edited by SolarLeatherMachines

The market for these right now in Canada is depressed and nowhere near the prices that may be gotten in the US. Since you are a fellow Canadian a good place to start would be do a search on kijiji.ca by province for a Singer 29k. In Ontario the price is all over the place from asking $450 CA to $1200 CA ($343 US to $917 US). There is one listed in Manitoba asking $450 CA. I have even seen a couple of the Chinese clone patchers similar to the Techsew 2900 go for around the $500 CA mark over the last six months or so in Ontario.

kgg

1 hour ago, spinaround said:

a Singer patch machine  29K 70 that I'm wanting to sell but don't know how much to charge . It's in very good running condition

One thing that you might consider is stating what the length of the longest stitch is in either mm or stitches per inch. That seems to be one of the most asked questions about patchers (to determine if they need rebuilt or not).

1 hour ago, SolarLeatherMachines said:

if it sews well, you could probably ask for $1400

Wow!  I guess I need to load up my extra Singer 29-4 and haul it to Arlington Texas! (or did your account get hacked?)

CD in Oklahoma

9 minutes ago, cdthayer said:

One thing that you might consider is stating what the length of the longest stitch is in either mm or stitches per inch. That seems to be one of the most asked questions about patchers (to determine if they need rebuilt or not).

Wow!  I guess I need to load up my extra Singer 29-4 and haul it to Arlington Texas! (or did your account get hacked?)

CD in Oklahoma

If it's in good working order, like this one, you could probably do just that.   This machine he's selling is super clean, and prices for the old singers still hold value in Texas.   Might take a few months to sell it, to find the right person, but you would sell it.   I sell a brand new Cowboy 29K for $1895.  So an original Singer one in near mint condition would probably go faster than I would expect.  

There is approximately 4 million people in Oklahoma, according to google.   There are approximately 6.8 million in Dallas/Fort Worth alone.  North Texas is 7.6 million.  Texas has 28.7 million people.  It's simply more people looking for the same machines.  Prices are higher.  

Edited by SolarLeatherMachines

Thanks all for your help. Guess I better load it up and take it to my brothers in Houston. It is a straight shot down I-29. The difference in cash (CA vs US pricing plus exchange) would pay for the trip :-\

23 minutes ago, SolarLeatherMachines said:

I sell a brand new Cowboy 29K for $1895.  So an original Singer one in near mint condition would probably go faster than I would expect. 

Interesting.  Thanks for the information.  I have two Singer 29K70 machines and the one 29-4 (although none of them are in mint condition) and hadn't ever looked up what a new, unused Cowboy 29K was bringing.  I know that I don't want to sell my 29K70 machines (one at the shop, one at home) because I use them for too many things and would certainly miss them.  And now that I learn what a replacement 29K70 might cost me, I for sure want to hang on to them both.

I bought my first 29K70 (complete with treadle stand) back in 2007 in Edmond Oklahoma for $176.  It was delivered to Lawton Oklahoma for me. It still gets 6spi today.

I picked up the second one (complete with treadle stand) in 2008 on a Craig's List Ad in Phoenix Arizona for $76 (it could stand to be rebuilt, 8spi but works fine for embroidered patches).  My son was there and picked that one up for me.

The Singer 29-4 (the only one that I've seen available in my area for 13 years) cost me $350 and had parts missing (anything that a 5-yearold could unscrew or pop off and lose was missing including the shuttle). After replacing the parts with Singer original parts and getting it adjusted to sew, I've got to ask what I thought was some real dollars for it (even though it needs rebuilt at 7-8 spi).

My, how things have changed in a decade.

CD in Oklahoma

I am now looking into the shipping costs of 29ks ( refurbished ) from Europe to the USA..

I can see an opportunity :)

If it ever comes down to shipping the machine to a remote buyer, know in advance that the head must be removed from the stand and the heavy handwheel removed from the back of the machine. The machine and flywheel, plus the drawer with small parts, should be wooden boxed securely and strapped to the pallet. The treadle base should be strapped down on its side. It will be cheaper to take the palleted equipment to the shipper, or at least a commercial building with a loading dock, where it can be driven into the trailer by a loader.

Some sellers also disassemble the treadle stand for better security during shipping. Roads are sometimes rough and pallets can crack.

Because the costs of packing and shipping are a variable, it is best to simply state: Plus actual shipping costs. Otherwise, list it as pickup only from (location).

Yup, I sold a 29k31 earlier this year here in Utah for $1250. It was a good machine with original treadle stand but not as nice looking as that one. I see that going for $1500 easily. I had mine listed for about 2 weeks and it sold.