YinTx

Japanese Style skiving knives - 1 affordable, 1 cheap

Selling off some more duplicate tools that I have.  These two knives are Chinese made blades.  The red handled one is really low cost, but if you want to find out if this style of knife works for you, what a great way to try one out.  I spent about a half hour on the stones and a strop with this blade, and it is surprisingly  well behaved - cuts very easily and smoothly, skives nicely.  Comes with the little leather saya (cover) that I made for it.  I'll let it go for $6 plus shipping.

Second blade is really nice.  Claims to be made with ebony wood, looks like turquiose and possibly red coral.  Blade is supposed to be HRC 68-70 tool steel, it seemed a bit less so when I was sharpening it, and stropping it, but was really hard none the less.  Not used very much at all, so practically brand new and in great shape.  This one feels much more substantial in the hand, and I really enjoy using it - really clean cuts, easy to handle.   Sells new for about $45, I would sell this one for $35 plus shipping, including the leather cover I made for it.

Buy them both, $40 plus shipping

Blade #1, $6

skiver1b.thumb.jpg.8329d5a8c94f25db64f61076b165e3aa.jpg

skiver1a.thumb.jpg.2925e0a56748a2ac295fa347df1bb2e4.jpg

Blade 2, $35

skiver2c.thumb.jpg.0457aad583334d267ef1ab07a5cdc6e1.jpg

skiver2a.thumb.jpg.a387ec777da278a55aefecf340ad7631.jpg

skiver12.thumb.jpg.236af7f4f2cec0781339db5e46d04204.jpg

Ebony handled knife sold.  Red handle still available.  Thanks!

YinTx

I have literally 100 of the first knife. (literally)  I wish I could get rid of them. Had a Japanese friend translate it, mostly it's nonsense, something about the moon I think?

Edited by Starwind0

@Starwind0 I thought it was a Chinese made knife?  Anyhow, it took an edge really well, I have been using it just fine, so if it doesn't sell, no problem, I'll keep using it.  Thankfully, I don't have 100 of them!  Just this one.  The hand stitched sleeve I made for it might be worth as much as the knife lol. 

The second is sold, definitely a nicer knife.

YinTx

It's Chinese. The words are Japanese to make it look cool. It's the equivalent of those shirts over seas with comically bad English on them.