Orellaca

Needle clamp for adler 30-1

Good day,

I am new at this site

recently bought an Adler 30-1 ( Greenish one)

is missing needle clamp ands screws that hold it, can not find on ebay , are singer 29k needle clamp the same? or any idea where I can order one?

will appreciate any help

thank you

Carlos

Thank you, will do

I have an Adler 30-7 with a worn needle clamp (worn inside the needle hole) and when I tried installing a Singer needle clamp, it didn't fit right (sat on an angle). I'm sure that a Singer clamp can be filed to fit, but didn't go there for the time being. Curiously, the Adler needle clamp did fit on my Singer patcher! So, the ridges in the needle bar and clamp must be a little fatter on the Adler.

Thanks, I ordered a singer 29k one, just in case it would fit, not too familiar with this

machine, but called my attention when I saw it on Craiglist

7 hours ago, Orellaca said:

Thanks, I ordered a singer 29k one, just in case it would fit, not too familiar with this

machine, but called my attention when I saw it on Craiglist

Then get some precision metal files. You are going to have to enlarge the horizontal slots in the clamp to make it fit the Adler needlebar. It requires very thin files.

Thanks again

Why not trying ebay.de, or adler themselves.  I think these spare parts are stillegale to find, becase they are still made.

Bert.

New clamp from Adler is $127.00 and change.

glenn

Thanks for advise/ information

will first try clamp for the singer 29k, still waiting for fasteners,

$127.00 is a bit steep, considering that still do

not know is machine will work

Thanks

3 hours ago, Orellaca said:

Thanks for advise/ information

will first try clamp for the singer 29k, still waiting for fasteners,

$127.00 is a bit steep, considering that still do

not know is machine will work

Thanks

Welcome to the World according to Adler!

5 minutes ago, Wizcrafts said:

Welcome to the World according to Adler!

that probably explains why I´m kind of "Singer crazy" though I live in the country of  Pfaff and Adler  B)

Thanks for all your help.

received clamp ( from singer 29k)screws and needles, got it working after struggling a couple days and looking at another post in this same forum.about threading issues

the only concern I have is my Adler 30-1 works only when the groove in the eye of needle is facing to the right side if seating in front of the machine. From what I read in the post is suppose to point to the left side, I turned the needle around after it kept on breaking the thread when facing to the left ., Now it works but is the needle pointed correctly ?

The 332 needle has 2 grooves , the long has to face left and the short to the right. You can also use 135x17 needles - same here but the 135x17 (or 135x16 for leather) has a so called scarf which has to face right (towards the hook).

Good morning

my adler only works with the needle grove to the right side ( while turning hand crank clockwise)

I first had it to the left side and would tear thread and kind of wrap around needle. 

Is this correct? It sews

F07D0D37-AF85-4D32-B5A7-241CD24EECAB.jpeg

C705207C-35C7-4765-A014-1C58945D2CD4.jpeg

The needle looks like the "scarf" is facing towards us..if we were sitting in front of the machine..it should be facing the end of the machine where the drive belt is ( in your case that white cord that looks 2amp lighting cable going around the pulley at the treadle and around the pulley on right hand end of the machine if you are sitting down in front of it to sew on the machine ) ..You appear to have set your needle with the long groove at he back and the scarf at the front..it should be long groove at the left, and the scarf at the right..you then thread from left to right..

On the bottom picture of the stitching..there is not enough tension on one of the threads..but..you don't say which was on the top ?

Ps..Try to avoid sewing through the thumb or fingers, even on gloves..bad habit..one day your thumb or finger might be in there :) is that blood ? :)

When I get back home will take a better picture the eye of needle is sideways ,not towards front.

the top thread I believe is too tight because bottom thread shows on top.

and no, not blood, its propolis( bee glue)

Have some beehives that I play aroud with.

Have some beehives that I play aroud with.

A highly laudable thing to do..I grew up with a beehive in my bedroom in Ireland ( they decided to take up residence there, sort of "half inside and half outside", old stone walls ) they didn't sting me, so my grandfather left them, I like bees, :) )..Yes, if bottom thread is showing on top, reduce the top tension until the knots "centre" in whatever you are sewing.

This are better pictures 1st (3) pictures taken from front and last from the right

3A96DD8E-D8B6-4CE8-ADD0-850E8BCB2AEB.jpeg

41D0363A-2112-41D9-9D84-C42FD51BF494.jpeg

76C1B68B-D8C6-442F-B397-61C1C7EC15BC.jpeg

0FB7DC75-7A78-43ED-B372-9B01C432FB43.jpeg

Yes..nice close ups..the needle is in correctly ( allowing for a little parallax in the shots along the arm )..one way to "set" your needle is to put either another needle or the tip of a toothpick into the needle's eye from the machine side, then before tightening the needle clamp you can use the other needle or the toothpick to make sure that the "eye" and the arm are parallel..Then tighten the needle clamp ..the toothpick acts like a "direction amplifying pointer/ indicator.

Edited by mikesc

Great!

thanks

If anything your last photo ( shame the focus is off ) shows you may have the needle's eye pointing slightly towards the rear of the machine, which would mean the "loop" would not be as "full" as it should when the hook gets to it..Try putting a toothpick, or another needle , point first into the eye from the pulley side..does it point along the arm parallel ? Or slightly to the back of the machine..If the latter? Loosen and re "set" the needle so that the toothpick / other needle then points parallel along the arm..It should then sew better, with less chance of occasional "missed stitches".

Edited by mikesc

Thanks

will adjust needle