Kippler75

Leather crafting collaboration and work outsourcing to Kenya

Am new to this site and currently working in Nairobi Kenya at a leather crafting market by name Kariokor which operates informally but have an easy access to leather raw materials from East Africa's leading tannery,Alpharama.Labour here is cheap at around 4 USD for a days work.Looking for who would want to outsource work here and invest in tools and equipment from America which we lack here.it is going to be mutually beneficial relationship. I am open to discussing the immense opportunities found here in Kenya.M y WhatsApp number is ±254729318043. Thanks.

Interest would depend on cost of airfreight ( DHL, Fed-EX, TNT etc ) per kilo ( and minimum shipping weights , boxes of 10kg, 25kg, 50kg, 100 kg ) to Europe or USA..plus payment methods and terms..

BTW..most "tools and equipment" these days do not come from USA..they are from China..

Thanks for your comments. I am looking for someone we could make men's belts and minimalist wallets,export them to USA and take advantage of duty free preference under Africa growth and opportunities act  passed by Congress. Thanks.

I understand.. :) you should still look into the shipping costs though, it is frequently cheaper to pay shipping at the country of origin..even when using the same shipper ( DHL etc ) than it is to pay the same shipping via an account in the receiving country..

An example ..I know the Pakistan rates to ship to EU via DHL..If I pay ( using my account in Europe ) I it costs me 3 or 4 times the price ( for the same weight of packages and items ) that a supplier in Pakistan would pay ( with their account ) to ship to me..

This may be the same from Kenya..it may be cheaper ( from a freight cost point of view ) for you to "export" from Kenya, than for a US business to "import" from Kenya..even with duty free preference..It could be a "selling point" for you :)..Everyone looks at total cost..items+shipping+duties when importing..If you can offer good CIF ( carried insured freight ) rates..you can be preferred over some one who only offers FOB ( free on board ) rates..

I don't deal belts or wallets..but I may be in touch with you privately about other items , I'll need to look at duties to EU first..

On 7/10/2019 at 7:54 PM, mikesc said:

Interest would depend on cost of airfreight ( DHL, Fed-EX, TNT etc ) per kilo ( and minimum shipping weights , boxes of 10kg, 25kg, 50kg, 100 kg ) to Europe or USA..plus payment methods and terms..

BTW..most "tools and equipment" these days do not come from USA..they are from China..

no t only china.
india, taiwan etc

On 7/10/2019 at 11:47 PM, mikesc said:

I understand.. :) you should still look into the shipping costs though, it is frequently cheaper to pay shipping at the country of origin..even when using the same shipper ( DHL etc ) than it is to pay the same shipping via an account in the receiving country..

An example ..I know the Pakistan rates to ship to EU via DHL..If I pay ( using my account in Europe ) I it costs me 3 or 4 times the price ( for the same weight of packages and items ) that a supplier in Pakistan would pay ( with their account ) to ship to me..

This may be the same from Kenya..it may be cheaper ( from a freight cost point of view ) for you to "export" from Kenya, than for a US business to "import" from Kenya..even with duty free preference..It could be a "selling point" for you :)..Everyone looks at total cost..items+shipping+duties when importing..If you can offer good CIF ( carried insured freight ) rates..you can be preferred over some one who only offers FOB ( free on board ) rates..

I don't deal belts or wallets..but I may be in touch with you privately about other items , I'll need to look at duties to EU first..

I am open to discussing with you on this other.my WhatsApp is ±254729318043

I don't do "whatsapp"..initially send me your email address via private message here..