cdthayer

FS - 1937 Singer 31-15 Head & Power Stand

The previous owner of this Singer 31-15 flatbed sewing machine made billfolds in his home craft shop prior to having health problems.  It is serial number AB480555, and uses DBx1 needles and 2996 bobbins.  It is equipped with a Simanco #2203 roller presser foot, and it appears that he used Tex69 thread (had a Singer size 16 leather point needle in it).  I oiled it and then hand-wheel test-sewed it briefly with Tex90 top and his (Tex69?) thread in the bottom, using a new Organ DBx1 110x18 regular point needle.  Maximum unassisted stitch length on garment leather is 6SPI (Stitches Per Inch).  It appears to be a good light-weight leather, canvas, or vinyl sewing machine.

The older green H-leg power stand that it was in may be the same 1937 vintage as the machine, and has had some replacement sections put into the working surface.  The hinges are screwed to the stand top instead of the common lift-out type.  The clutch is an Atlas-type made by Consew that can be used with your choice of motor.  The existing motor is non-working and off of the mounting.  It’s a GE 1/3HP, 1725RPM motor with a 1/2” shaft that includes a flat area for a set screw.  The old motor is included and has half of the clutch still mounted on it with 2 set screws.

The head, motor, and drawer are being stored inside in my sewing area, and the stand is being stored outside covered on my carport.  The table-mount bobbin winder is not mounted but included with the stand.

Price is $160US for the machine head alone, $30US for the stand alone, or $190US for the pair.  Take one or both. All items are as-is, pickup only at my home in Frederick Oklahoma (USA) by appointment, no shipping.  All sales are final.  No returns, no warrantees.  (Frederick is approximately 29 miles north of Vernon Texas, 20 miles from US Hwy 287, and approximately 67 miles NW of Wichita Falls Texas.)

Please post questions to this thread or by PM.

CD in Oklahoma

Machine625_05.jpg

Machine625_01.jpg

Machine625_03.jpg

Additional photos of the stand:

Machine625_10.jpg

Machine625_11.jpg

Machine625_12.jpg

Moderators - Please retire this listing to the “Old Sold” thread.  It is no longer available.  It doesn’t release the tension discs during a stitch like Harry says it should, so I think I’ll just part it out.

CD in Oklahoma

For want of a nail...