Big Sioux Saddlery

Keith Pommer Auction

This may be of interest to many of the forum members.  There will be some on-line bidding.  Watch the auction website for updates and pictures.  

Auction List.docx

WOW .......I'm in the wrong country AGAIN :(.That is one big source for sewing machines for a start.

I must be doing something wrong, I went to the website, but couldn't find anything on this auction.  Anyone care to point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

YinTx

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

I must be doing something wrong, I went to the website, but couldn't find anything on this auction.  Anyone care to point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

YinTx

I had the same issue YinTx. I couldn't find it anywhere. It is possible they just haven't put it up yet.

It's not up on the auction site yet.

9 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

WOW .......I'm in the wrong country AGAIN :(.

Indeed! I found 2 or 3 vintage Singers I would be interested in  :wacko:

Had the chance to go to this sale, lots of Landis, Randall and singer parts, most of the machines needed a fair amount of work.

But it was nice to see the tool hoarders and reseller's were keeping prices up, so maybe someday my stuff might be worth something.

All in all it was a nice day and a fun sale to watch.

Who got the shuttles for the Landis #1's?  I need a spare.

God bless.

Mike

Big Sioux saddlery may know who bought shuttles, 

I don't know to many people, and sometimes like to keep it that way.:)

12 hours ago, blue62 said:

Big Sioux saddlery may know who bought shuttles, 

I don't know to many people, and sometimes like to keep it that way.:)

I will pm you with some names.  I got some of the #1 parts, but a majority of the shuttles went to another buyer.  I may have some anyway.  I'm still unloading.  Lol.

It was a pretty good sale.  Some things sold really well, some were under the money.  Keith was able to be there, and not only did that make my day, I think it helped the sale.  One thing is for certain, it was a once-in-a-lifetime event for this part of the country.

Edited by Big Sioux Saddlery
Whoops, meant to reply to MikeRock's comment. Will PM you Mikerock.

Thanks for the auction report.  I got your PM, and many thanks. 

God bless.

You're welcome!

Was Mr Pommer primarily a machine repairman and collector, or did he also do leatherwork of some sort?

Keith, at one time did do some leatherwork, and was a very good tooler.  He was in an area where there was nobody willing to pay more than farm store supply prices for tack and leather goods, and that was decades before the days of the internet.  He discovered that repairing and selling machinery was much more lucrative than trying to make money working leather.  In his room at the nursing home, up on a shelf, sits a purse that he tooled and made.  It is outstanding work.  Keith was also a rodeo cowboy in his younger years, riding bulls and bareback horses.  He made and sold rodeo chaps to help with expenses, and that may have been his introduction to leatherwork.

He had it figured right, it seems like there is more money to be made in patterns, tools and raw materials and YouTube videos than in finished leather goods,  here in the Amish paradise of se mn I always hear " the Amish can do it for less", but when they go to the Amish it seems they always end up with oranges rather than apples.

It sounds like he was a interesting fellow, it was to bad I didn't have a chance to meet him.

Big Sioux Saddlery,

did you get any of the spotters?

what did those go for?

I now have an automatic standard stand up machine, I think it’s a 17 but only has one set of parts. Thought about trying to get freight for some of those machines.

I got the #15 spotter set up for 203 spots, and the green spotter set up for 204.  They were both on ProxiBid and I thought were really under the money.  I didn't need them, but I can sure put them to use.  I didn't see all the specialty dies for the #17 spotter sell.  I think there were a few parts and dies for the #15, and I'd have liked to get them since I now have two, but I have a hard time telling the dies apart, and Keith said they won't interchange.  They all got mixed together when people were setting stuff out for the sale.  These dies are going to get hard to get and expensive now I'm afraid, since Standard quit making them.  I heard they don't even support the #2 hand feed machine any more.

On 9/2/2019 at 8:06 AM, blue62 said:

here in the Amish paradise of se mn I always hear " the Amish can do it for less", but when they go to the Amish it seems they always end up with oranges rather than apples.

:lol: Yep!!!  You get what you pay for!