So excited to be here! Thank you for letting this hoodlum in lol! Just wanted to post a pic of my work and give a light introduction. My husband is owner/maker at Vehement Knives and I do all of our custom leather goods! I've also done a few designs for Bark River Knives' sheath department! I am here to learn so any constructive criticism is accepted and encouraged! Thanks again! 

DSC_0029 (640x518).jpg

7 (640x530).jpg

4 (500x327).jpg

I like the sheaths. But I'll let you in on a little secret cause you are new here.  Ya gotta show the blade out with the leather!

And I really do like the sheaths !

Welcome SkinBender. Very clever name and nice looking sheaths!

The blade THE BLADE!! It's all about the blaaade!!

Very nice. I'd like so see some steel as well :)

Welcome and well done. Dunno about the learning bit, you could certainly teach me a thing or two.

1 hour ago, Clintock said:

Those are good looking sheaths. Had a guy ask me to make one similar to the first photo. Had to turn that down. 

Why turn it down? You'd be surprised at what you can accomplish when you accept a challenge. That's how we get better at our craft; by stepping outside our comfort zone. There's nothing going on with that first sheath that can't be accomplished with the right tools, some patience and craftsmanship. I'm not trying to take any credit away from SkinBender. Those sheaths are exceptionally well crafted!

why there are eyelets in the bottom?

6 hours ago, nrk said:

why there are eyelets in the bottom?

The eyelets would typically be used to attach a cord made from leather, paracord etc to secure the sheath to your leg to prevent it from flopping around when you walk. it also holds the sheath in place as you draw the knife.

I think you've got the student part mastered!  Not any criticism for you except X3 or X4 on the knives.   Also, I'll bet you have other styles you've made besides variations of that one pattern, right?  I'd also like to see how your closure looks under the strap with it open.  I am a copier mostly.  I hope you don't mind!  Always looking for new ideas. 

Sensational work!

ok steel pics, I wasn't sure on those as a noob so here are those models out pf the sheath :) 

DSC_0028 (500x332).jpg

1 (422x500).jpg

1 (500x483).jpg

dougfergy I do have many other styles, this is just indicative to a normal build for what we do. Because the knives are all guarded, the cowl wraps around just above the guard at the choil for a nice secure hold. I'll have to dig through some pics to find an example for you :)

Sweet!

Really glad to have you here.  Im fledgling at best, you obviously have skills and your knowledge is welcome here.  The sheaths are awesome and the knives are really nice (I like the first knife with green handle!!!).  Welcome and don't be surprised if you do more teaching than learning because your skills are far superior to mine.