Cumberland Highpower

Manual for old USMC Model 82 Band Splitter?

A friend of mine purchased a USMC Model 82 band knife splitter and he's trying to set it up and use it.  He's looking for a manual to explain/describe the functions of the many controls.  Anyone know where I might be able to find one?

His machine is also set up for a lineshaft and we're trying to decide how much power it will take to run it and what speed (rpm) It should have input.

Any advice and technical knowledge is appreciated in advance.

Is it made by Comoga? The reason I ask is shown in this link

Edited by RockyAussie
Mistake

10 hours ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

A friend of mine purchased a USMC Model 82 band knife splitter and he's trying to set it up and use it.  He's looking for a manual to explain/describe the functions of the many controls.  Anyone know where I might be able to find one?

His machine is also set up for a lineshaft and we're trying to decide how much power it will take to run it and what speed (rpm) It should have input.

Any advice and technical knowledge is appreciated in advance.

My 12" Fortuna has 4 different motors: knife, feed (2-speed), blower, grinder. Various speeds and powers ratings. Total consumption around 1500W. I'd love to see how the different functions are powered in your buddy's new machine.

Hello guys thanks for the replies.  

Rocky Aussie it's a USMC.  (United Shoe Machinery Company). Made in the US.  Pretty old machine made back when. (Guessing maybe 20s-30s, could be older).

It looks like a USMC Model A to me, but the plate on it says model "82"

Matt this USMC is set up for lineshaft like most machines of it's era..Has a large cast Iron flywheel that should be powered by a flat leather drive belt from the ceiling or floor...
I myself also have a Fortuna (UA) and it's a little smaller compared to the USMC...I would say the USMC take more a good bit more heft to turn by hand...Every function of the machine is driven by the single large cast iron drive wheel.

He's Amish so he's only permitted to have air or lineshaft power in his shop, so it's why we're working on this project.

I think he's hoping we can use a large air motor to avoid building extensions to his lineshaft/perkins diesel.  We tried a 6hp air motor but it seemed to stall out.

Even if we build onto the lineshaft, we have no idea what rpm it needs as input just yet.

Edited by Cumberland Highpower