We recently got 12 more dies.  We get our dies from Texas Custom Dies and they make great dies, highly recommend.  We have a bunch of dies and wanted to organize them a little better for storage.  Trying to find/create space in our shop for a laser we recently ordered.

We purchased a bakers cooling rack and 20 full sheet pans from the nearest restaurant supply in San Antonio.  It holds 20 full sheet baking pans.  When we first loaded the pans they did not slide very easily when loaded with dies.  So we put 1 1/4 inch leather strips on the tray racks.  Now the trays slide very easily.  Just used Barge's cement to glue the leather strips to the rack.  We had a bunch of splits from a Hermann Oak order and used that for the 1 1/4 strips.  We also used it in the pans to protect the dies.  Just about anything in the pans to protect the dies will work like thin foam.  we had tons of splits so just used it.  this thing holds all of our dies and we have several shelves left over for more when we need to order more of them.

Thought I might show a picture and describe what we did, in case someone else has the same problem.

IMG_5461.JPG

A good solution 

Clever

I think it would do for pattern templates as well

I like wood personally -- absorbs moisture/ humidity, which should keep the dies from rusting longer.  But I suppose id S.A. you don't have so much of that.

Edited by JLSleather

46 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

I like wood personally -- absorbs moisture/ humidity, which should keep the dies from rusting longer.  But I suppose id S.A. you don't have so much of that.

Wood would work as well if you prefer. Sitting on Leather I doubt that would cause rust. I’m north of San Antonio but we have our fair share of humidity. But my shop has heat and a/c so humidity is not a problem in there. I’ve  had some of these dies for 5/6 years and rust has never been a problem.