farns005

Trophy saddle pad

Gift for a friend.

D36010F7-8937-4D69-B4AF-D37CDB6E6238.jpeg

Other side.  Go Cougs!!

EA015C04-E0BC-451C-AC22-75B07DBF41BF.jpeg

That's pretty cool.  I hadn't thought of stitching leather to cloth like that... hmmm the options!

YinTx

edit:  just saw the "Air Ride" -  did it have an air bag in there that is now flat???  :o

Edited by YinTx

Lol, no just a wool pad.  I hadn’t seen this before, but friend wanted me to make it as a gift.easy project and way to personalize a saddle pad.  2 challenges, open for suggestions.  Hard to hold in place to start sewing, and 2) this pad ah a significant change in thickness mid upper corner.  I have a Cowboy 3200 and almost exceeded it’s capacity.

Kelly

Nice work. Go Cougs! :-)

Since you asked ...  I do this sort of thing regularly, by which I mean about 10 times a year. I cheat a bit.  I use the machine to punch the holes in the leather patch, but without thread.  Then I use a dab or two of livestock glue to hold the patch in place and tack the patch on at the corners.  Then I stitch the whole thing by hand.  It takes longer, but the end result looks better, IMHO.

11 hours ago, SaddleBags said:

Since you asked ...  I do this sort of thing regularly, by which I mean about 10 times a year. I cheat a bit.  I use the machine to punch the holes in the leather patch, but without thread.  Then I use a dab or two of livestock glue to hold the patch in place and tack the patch on at the corners.  Then I stitch the whole thing by hand.  It takes longer, but the end result looks better, IMHO.

Thanks I like that idea a lot!

Kelly