sorry if in wrong place and please excuse the back ground. I have been reading about stitching pony's and videos on making your own. Got this years ago at a garage sale. has a quick release button for one jaw, and handle is movable. I can put leather over the jaws and make adapters and clamp it to a table when needed. only marked Taiwan. Comments welcome. Bob 

P1000682.jpg

if it works for you it works

Thanks, I am new to this and mostly repair knife sheaths. No idea how many really use or like a stitching pony? Seems like it will have a place for me at times.

Many jobs I do of all sizes, that I use one of my 3 stitching pony's or clam.

I have a small table top unit bought online for $18AUD, a homemade mid-size unit that can sit on a table that can take a wider/deeper project and a homemade floor clam that will take a larger, deeper and/or thicker project.

That clamp you have pictured appears to be a handyman type of woodworking or metalworking vice system that was being promoted at our local woodshow a few years ago. It came with a couple of clamp options to fasten it to various surfaces, and different attachments to clamp different materials IIRC. The good quality brand were not cheap at about $300AUD.

They're still being sold via those TV selling channels. I wouldn't mind a set but as you say $$$$!!!

Mrwatch, I reckon it could be quite useful, particularly for knife sheaths. If I ever see one cheap I'll grab it.