Cumberland Highpower

Twist for Champion Narrow/Peerless 30?

I am working on a Champion Peerless 30 for a project.

Finally got it set up and stitched some with poly then switched over to linen 4 cord w/ liquid wax. 
Everything looks great with the poly but I notice the underside thread has a bit of an odd look to it.

Are these machines set up for a specific twist on the shuttle?

A good many sole stitchers are made for right twist linen thread and will unravel left twist. Maybe your Champion is a right twist machine. The poly probably resisted unraveling due to the bonding agent..

I know for a fact that in my American Straight Needle manual it specifies right twist on the bottom.  I'm not familiar with your machine but I know there were similarities between some of the American and Champion machines.  In fact the two companies may have some shared history if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the replies gents.

Both types, the  nylon and poly are right hand twist.  maybe I need to order up some left and see how it runs. 

It would appear to slightly untwist it on the bottom as I have it set up.

Big Sioux I appreciate the input as well, you're probably correct on the right hand twist being the specification, maybe some minor adjustments are in order.

Edited by Cumberland Highpower