Another knife sheath.

It was supposed to be right handed and I convinced myself when I cut the first piece I'd got it wrong, so I recut and happily made the sheath. It was only when I was showing a friend that I realised that it was wrong handed, so back to making a 2nd one - this one correctly right handed!

Just shows you should check and recheck what you are doing.

IBKnifesheath.jpg

Edited by stormdevil
Typo

Which one is the correct one? I am confused lol

Nice colour,stamping and stitching on those sheaths. The knife looks like there is a story to it as well

Edited by noobleather

Huh! I know the feeling!

I did that on my second or third sheath; now I check and check again

There's not much you can do except find someone who wants that sheath. You could try mentioning it on www.edgematters.uk , but it's a subscription only forum. However, many of it's members are mostly interested in making the knives, so there are often requests for someone to make a sheath, and by the looks of it, your standard of work would be very acceptable

Edited by zuludog

Or, it could give the knife owner an option to wear it on either side.  What a bonus! 

On my current project that I'm building for my resurrected Golden Spike I was "winging it" on my first stacked flat design instead of a wrapped which I've done a few of in the past.  Down to my last bit of leather so I was being really anal about double checking everything before I cut and as I was stacking all the cut pieces to just see how everything was going to fit, I realized I cut two backs and no front.  I was using a pattern I had made and just drew the outline of the front with the pattern turned backwards.  Its how I generally learn stuff, the hard way. 

Yours look great by the way.  Nice job!

Definition of an expert --- someone who's made more mistakes than you have

1 minute ago, zuludog said:

Definition of an expert --- someone who's made more mistakes than you have

LOL!

13 minutes ago, dougfergy said:

LOL!

I picked up that up during my time in British Industry. Here are a couple more -

Definition of an engineer - 2 + 2 = 3,99 to 4,01

Definition of an alcoholic - someone who drinks more than their doctor

Another definition of an engineer -  2+ 2 = 3,98 or better

Edited by zuludog

5 hours ago, stormdevil said:

Just shows you should check and recheck what you are doing.

Did you recheck the retention strap on the sheath on the right? To me it looks like it's on the wrong side of the sheath and will not hold the knife in.

Edited by TargetRockLeather

7 hours ago, TargetRockLeather said:

Did you recheck the retention strap on the sheath on the right? To me it looks like it's on the wrong side of the sheath and will not hold the knife in.

That's the one that's wrong. It's a left handed sheath with a right handed retention strap (doh!). Doesn't really matter the person is right handed and gets the right handed one and the other as a bonus. It won't fit any other knife since the knife is hand made.

11 hours ago, noobleather said:

Which one is the correct one? I am confused lol

Nice colour,stamping and stitching on those sheaths. The knife looks like there is a story to it as well

The one on the left is the correct one - it's the right handed one. Also the one on the right (the left handed one( has the retention strap the wrong way since I was thinking right handed.

4 hours ago, stormdevil said:

That's the one that's wrong. It's a left handed sheath with a right handed retention strap (doh!). Doesn't really matter the person is right handed and gets the right handed one and the other as a bonus. It won't fit any other knife since the knife is hand made.

Ohhh ok... now I get it. I've done the same thing except I realized the mistake before dying the piece and just threw it away and started over.