Tanja

Adler 69 373 Advice :-)

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice. 

Someone is offering an Adler 69 373 for sale in the UK. The person selling it bought a whole load of leather machinery that he hasn't seen yet and is selling part of it.
He thinks it comes with a motor but he doesn't know whether it's a servo or a clutch motor. I have one picture from he send me taking by the original seller (who sold the whole load of machinery).

I've have a few questions and hope that some of you can share some advice! :-) 

- What would be a reasonable price for this machine? He is asking £500. I see a newer one (by the looks of it) on ebay for £750.
-  Would this be a good machine for leather bags?
- I read that because of the smaller bobbin size you wont be able to sew very thick leather, what thickness would this be able to handle.
- If it has a clutch motor, what price would I be looking at for buying a replacement servo motor and can anyone recommend a specific model?

Thank you all very much for your advice :-)

Screenshot_20190718-161133.png

Edited by Tanja

Looks to me that it might be a servo motor as the switch unit looks like having a digital display above the switch

I had one of these and  sewed 1/4 to 5/16 pretty good. The only reason I sold mine was it would only handle up tp thread size 92 top and bottom. I could get 135 on top but not on the bottom. I wanted 135 top and bottom. Mine was set up with servo motor and speed reducer. its really a nice machine if you can live with the 92 thread. I will probably regret selling mine at some point. But not now.

Thanks yoi for your replies!

My adler 69-373 likes thread 20 (which should be about 135 i believe)

bottum adn upper thread.

But its seems  a machine with a lot of "historie" / pre owners so maybe someone tinkered a litle bit with it