Rpatterson86

Looking for info on machine I recently purchased?

I have recently purchased this machine at a garage sale for what I think is a good deal $700.  This is my first machine and I am looking for info like the brand or at least what is a cloned of. 
 it seems to be a 441 class machine. The part that throws me off is the  Short shaft at the front of the machine,  I’m curious what it is used for and if there is any adjustment the need to be done with it overtime.   I believe the machine has been repainted at some point  As the serial number plate on the side looks like it has been removed and then replaced.  Thanks for your time

EE31150E-2C09-4705-8A94-6FB771D571D2.jpeg

67613D14-8468-4733-8605-880F5A3607BF.jpeg

Seiko CH-8

http://www.seiko-sewing.co.jp/en/products/chseries/

I have seen them with Singer 45xx  or Consew tag as well

Here is a link with various machines similar to yours. They were copies from the Singer 45b class machine.

http://www.industrialsewmachine.com/webdoc1/singer/45b.htm

By the looks of the 2 holes where the badge went it could be a Consew 751??

Edited by jimi

Years ago I worked @ the place named on the sticker.We used to buy them from Consew their model# is 756R same as the Seiko mentioned previously.You can go to consew.com to resources & get a manual.Sieko went crazy on the parts either foot costs around $350.00 ea!The 441 needles & shuttle & bobbins will interchange BUT that's all.

Not big at all. Buy a 2" pulley and a proper length belt. You might have to move the pulley up or down the shaft or rotate it 180 degrees to align with the machine's pulley, that's it.

Stay away from the newer cheap servos with the pulley held by a nut vs an allen bolt in the pulley.

2 hours ago, DrmCa said:

Not big at all. Buy a 2" pulley and a proper length belt. You might have to move the pulley up or down the shaft or rotate it 180 degrees to align with the machine's pulley, that's it.

Stay away from the newer cheap servos with the pulley held by a nut vs an allen bolt in the pulley.

Do you have any suggestions on a motor size and model that I should look for? 

4 hours ago, Rpatterson86 said:

Do you have any suggestions on a motor size and model that I should look for? 

I've been using Family Sew FS-550s servo motors sine around 2013 or 14. Never had any trouble with them yet. The motors from this dealer have a 2" pulley as standard, which slows it down and adds torque.

Looks very familiar.

I have a 'Family' servo and a speed reducer. 

This is also somewhat new to me and still trying to figure out all the adjustment points. 

Stephen

20190703_173050.jpg