I'm having a strange situation with the thread  tension on a juki LU1508N.  To get the stitch to "look" like the tension is right (no threads peeking through the opposite side), i have to have the top thread extremely tight and the bobbin extremely loose.  I have about 10 of these machines and this is the only one with this issue.  Its also skipping stitches intermittently... not sure if that is a related problem or not.  Does anyone have any ideas how/why this is happening and how to fix it? 

Thanks! 

Simply stuff first:

Replace the needle, maybe a bad needle, a dull needle or bent needle. Select a correct size of needle for the size of thread you are using and the material type. I replace my needles after every 8 - 10 hours of use whether it needs it or not. A good reference for thread to needle size would be https://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html

Change the spool of thread with a fresh one or one from another of your other machines that is having no problems maybe a bad spool of thread. If using bonded nylon try bonded polyester or vise versa.

Change bobbin and re-thread with fresh thread probably one from another of your other machines that is having no problems.

Check and re-tension both top and bottom threads and making sure the top thread path didn't get mixed up by accident.

If the problem goes away great if not then check the timing and the hook assembly for wear and old thread caught under or around it.

kgg

If you have ten of these, Its positive I will learn something here in the post. I thought if signing on I may see a photo, as the part where you mention setting tension so no threads peaking through other side, threw me off. 

In any case can you mention your stitch length or setting and possibly thread size with needle size, this helps set it up a bit more for some team help if ya will. 

Also can you help us and explain if you or your techs ran through any pre checks of say hook to needle position, and at what stitch length setting or any regular ones you all do. 

Good day

Floyd