Sign in to follow this  
Louiesdad

A complete bound set of color manuals for Adler 205-370

I complied color sales materials and copied/printed  a set of the available operators and service manuals from Uwe, for the Adler 205-370 when shopping for a machine.

Then I had the parts diagrams blown up and put in landscape mode for the ease of reading. All was put inside plastic covers and spiral bond.

I will not be needing it any longer.

Cost $6 for the binding and $11 for color copies. (I can send pics of it.)

I will take $20 total delivered in USA, I can invoice using paypal.

Edited by Louiesdad
mispelling

Selling copies ( to order ) of what is copyright ( the original Adler manuals probably are still copyright to Adler ) is illegal, unless you are only selling your personal copy (in which case it is fine ) ..as in ..you can't take orders and print and bind more..It isn't clear from your post ? It seems to be you are just selling the one copy that you made for yourself ?. That is OK :)

I am selling my copy and sales info with improved parts diagrams, that  I had resized larger for ease of reading.

20190725_091400.jpg

Edited by Louiesdad

You created a new work out of previously copyrighted work owned outright by another person/company, and intend to sell it for monetary exchange, without due compensation for use of the original work.  The original work has been modified & edited from its previously published format without explicit permission of the copyright holder.  This is CLEARLY illegal.  Not to mention, there's also a strong argument for trademark violation as well, which is a MUCH lower legal bar than copyright.   You REALLY should just toss it.  

Edited by SolarLeatherMachines

That would be the case in the EU Alexander, and would be my personal view, but, in the USA, it seems , or has seemed in the past, that a personal copy can be passed on with the machine if the machine is sold..But such a copy cannot be given a monetary value of it's own, and not sold ( or given away ) separately from the machine ?
Agree totally with you re trademarks also.
Copyright in the USA always seems to be a case of the deeper the pockets one has, the more expensive lawyers that you have on retainer, the more copyright abuse you can get away with or encourage..hence Pinterest which is built entirely encouraging and actively helping on crowd sourcing copyright abuse to be uploaded to make Pinterest's site content..
Interestingly..if one blocks the ability of anyone to "pin" one's website image(s) content ( it is possible) I have a few sites that I have blocked them ( with self developed code / scripts ) from "pinning" , then Google ( who the Pinterest people used to work for, and who Google invested in ) will "crawl" one's website ( every page ) with no problem, one can see them in the site logs , but will not put any page of the site into Google's "index"..Basically if you don't allow Pinterest to steal from you, Google pretends that your site does not exist.."No results" even if you search for the site by name..

But..Bing ( way less market share than Google in all countries of the world ) do not do this..They crawl and index..As do DDG, Startpage, Qwant etc..even if you stand up for your rights and the copyright law and block Pinterest users from pinning your images.

I did this firstly with a site of cartoons, if someone pins them, no-one needs to visit the site, they already saw the image(s) and laughed while they were on Pinterest..
Funny how Pinterest never encourage / help people to use Images that belong to Getty Images..Could it be because Getty Images have bigger, better lawyers than Pinterest ;) and Pinterest know that what they encourage and help is illegal..as is their site..

Edited by mikesc

I printed the stuff from this website under Uwe posts, enlarged it to make reading it easier plus used the Adler  product  sales materials, to evaluate and understand the working of the Adler 205-370, and clones. No copyright violations in anyway. No trademark violations in anyway

My binding of the materials just keeps them in one compact easy to access place.

23 hours ago, SolarLeatherMachines said:

You REALLY should just toss it.  

I will pass it on, for less than my cost to create it, to someone who can use it to evaluate the Adler and clone machines (like yours) in their buying/repair/evaluation process. It is a very good place to keep everything in one place for comparison.

I posted the original Juki TSC 441U pdfs for everyone to download. OEM product information and imageproxy.php?img=&key=81964be983ea98b5I made one for that model machine also, that I am using.

example of blown up diagrams:

screenshot.png

Edited by Louiesdad
move pics

23 hours ago, mikesc said:

Funny how Pinterest never encourage / help people to use Images that belong to Getty Images..Could it be because Getty Images have bigger, better lawyers than Pinterest ;) and Pinterest know that what they encourage and help is illegal..as is their site..

Yep.  Getty images is EXTREMELY aggressive about their IP.  I've purchased items from them in the past, and was warned EXPLICITLY about the ins and out of the licensing agreement. I had some knowledge and wanted to make sure not to cross the legal line, so I asked several pointed questions.  I was told that they use a search engine style system to crawl the web, looking for their images, and flagging those that aren't licensed for review.  I wouldn't be surprised if half their staff are focused on legal action.  

There is another member here who related his experience with Harley-Davidson from several years ago.  I read his story, and it was not pleasant, and something I vowed to avoid, and help others avoid as well. 

Edited by SolarLeatherMachines

Unfortunately Getty are also very aggressive about images that they do not own the rights to..But they send "nastygrams" anyway..
I know a few people who have had Getty contact them telling them that they must pay Getty for using their own images..when they asked Getty to show them where they as the original creator ( artist or photographer ) had signed over their IP rights to Getty..

Crickets..

Not even an apology.

Of course suing Getty for false representation of being the holder of the IP rights in question, was not going to be an option as they have a legal team on retainer that would wage a war of attrition in the courts , so before you ever got a judgement in your favour, you and your great grandchildren would be broke and indebted to your lawyers.

I have had to take a few people to court ( in various countries ) over the years for using my designs or artwork or photos without prior written permission from me, I have always won..I represent myself.
We Irish are a very determined people..even more so when we have moral and legal right on our side.

Edited by mikesc

If Adler ever was to sue a person for passing on Adler flyers, pdfs, and sales materials I would love to see it, just one case. What do you think they are printed to accomplish? DUHH!

Here is a thought on how to help. Maybe you could benefit your business more by doing something profitable to them instead of posting on the internet during business hours.

Edited by Louiesdad