JC2019

Techsew 2600 table came damaged, repair ideas?

9 minutes ago, kgg said:

That is good news. I would seal the top in that location to prevent any further damage from concurring in the future.

I think the little chip is from the manufacturing process not damage and the hole probably as well. So far, except for the legs, seems good.

I sure hope so.  If only the steel parts are a problem that is a lot less worse than it looks I think...

At this point, assuming each part is maybe $40 shipped to replace.. that's $200 for the two bottom legs, two top legs, and cross bar.  Hopefully that's worst case.  I guess I won't be getting the upgrade for the flat top since I'll need to replace these first (I meant to get that but it seems I didn't add it to my cart, only the servo reducer upgrade) :/.

The top leg (the side with the really bad leg I removed) does seem to wobble a lot from side to side. I took it off too. Maybe the bottom screw is bent slightly or it's just not very sturdy to begin with. I could fill that hole with something and it might take the screw in better. Still need to investigate that further, perhaps it's just not as stable until it's all connected via the crossbar.

Edited by JC2019

I guess your next step is to setup and thread the machine to do a test run, if you think the table is sturdy enough with those damaged legs. The machine probably won't be whisper quite but neither should it sound like a bucket of bolts banging around. 

kgg

3 hours ago, JC2019 said:

Photos of the machine, just started inspecting one side, from the back (near a big knob I believe used to move the kneedle up and down)  there is a little chip and the hole I assume is from two welded parts:

20190728_101541~2_compress59.jpg

20190728_101531_compress71.jpg

Those are just  "clone" quality workmanship. Thus the lower price.

Hi Jason, sorry to hear what happened to the table in shipping. As of the end of day Friday we were still waiting for you to do a full inspection to make sure no other parts of the table or machine were damaged. We still have not gotten a reply from you.

This morning I'll make sure the replacement legs get shipped to you immediately at no cost.

regards,
Ron

19 minutes ago, Techsew Ron said:

This morning I'll make sure the replacement legs get shipped to you immediately at no cost.

Ron, I do praise you on stepping up and helping Jason resolve the table leg problem.

kgg

2 hours ago, Techsew Ron said:

Hi Jason, sorry to hear what happened to the table in shipping. As of the end of day Friday we were still waiting for you to do a full inspection to make sure no other parts of the table or machine were damaged. We still have not gotten a reply from you.

regards,
Ron

Great thank you.

Not sure if it got missed but I did send a reply email last night to support@techsew.com   (I added that I would need  5 parts, everything minus the bottom most cross bar where the pedal goes. I forgot to ask for some spare screws to attach the legs to the table since one or more might be slightly bent). The machine I am not sure is damaged or any other part since those probably require actual testing.

Thanks again.

Edited by JC2019

8 hours ago, Techsew Ron said:

regards,
Ron

Fantastic news :thumbsup: and I must add a big thank you to @Techsew RonRon for reinforcing the fact that buying from a local reputable dealer is a buyers best bet. I love the large range that TechSew has on offer and have often considered whether to upgrade with them and I think that this might just give me the green light to do so. ;)

Just a quick update. The replacement parts arrived and I've put the table together and now it feels rock solid. It's a world of difference. It would have been a huge mistake to try to use the other parts.

I will need  be reading the manual to try to put this together this weekend. I haven't been able to find any video instructions on how to put this model together, if anyone has any tips let know.

Thanks