Leatherbag

Adler 69 - weird sound (video)

Although not stated in his profile, according to the IP address, the O.P. lives in Duesseldorf, DE. This may help with replies and recommendations for parts.

Wiz said..

Although not stated in his profile, according to the IP address, the O.P. lives in Duesseldorf, DE. This may help with replies and recommendations for parts.

Official Adler dealers ( machines and parts ) are worldwide, the European ones are here
https://www.duerkopp-adler.com/en/main/distributors/eurasia.html

If it had been Pfaff or Juki, I would have said try Strima in Poland or one of the UK people who sell Adler parts..Almost anywhere in Europe is cheaper for Adler machines and parts than here in France..

Germany ( the home base of DAP ) has more dealers than anywhere else..

Presumably leatherbag's first language is German ( from the image of the manual ) and I know Paloma's is French , which could make "long range diagnostics" somewhat "fun" ;) especially if the names of the parts do not translate ( and with Google's auto trans, it is almost guaranteed that they wont ) to the same words in English from those two languages.

However... :)

Edited by mikesc

4 hours ago, Leatherbag said:

@palomaYou could do me a huge favour if you could check the following on your machine (as you have exactely the same model):

The manual says:
"In the zero position of the stitch regulator lever, the feed dog and theneedle should not make any advancing motion when the handwheel ismoved.–Set the stitch regulator lever 3 to “0”.Loosen the butterfly nut 1.Turn the adjusting screw 2.Tighten the butterfly nut 1.–Turn the handwheel.The needle and feed dog should not make any advas it with ncing motion."
At my machine, it lightly moves though, please see here: https://vimeo.com/333766977 and here: https://vimeo.com/350582370

But if I sew on material, it doesnt transport the material, but its moving though. Dont know if this problem is connected to the sound problem.

How is it with your machine? Does it move or is it completely quiet when you set stitch lenght 0 and sew?

hello,

So, on my machine, the stitch regulator is on the top of the arm.I try to make a pict tomorow with a good light!;)

Now, i think , the anormal sound make me thinking a too high pressure of the foot pressure, it's like if something  rubs on an axis...maybe but i am not technician.

arm.jpg

Edited by paloma

Thanks to everyone.

I am pretty close to solving the noise problem: On the foot pressure regulator (the bronze part on top of the machine), there is a little pen inside and my dealer obviously placed it in the wrong way, so the presser foot bar was pushed out of position. Now, the noise has almost gone (its still there when sewing very slow or via handwheel) and I would be happy to solve this.

But now, I've found another strange thing, that may be has something to do with the noise problem and with the "feed dog moves altough stitch length is 0" problem: When sewing, the stitch regulation lever moves! Has anyone an idea what could cause this?! Please find a video here: https://vimeo.com/351023059

@paloma I think you mean something else. What I meant is the stitch length - When you set it to 0mm, does your feed dog and needle move? Please find a video here https://vimeo.com/333766977 showing mine (which move although they should not) and an instruction (in french ;)) in the picture below.

30-07-_2019_20-21-07.jpg

Edited by Leatherbag

@paloma You won't believe it: But I just found a picture you posted here from your machine and I am pretty sure you purchased it in Mannheim, Germany - right?! Because I bought mine there too in April when they had both machines available :D I saw it at the scratched "Durkopp Adler" letters, because I took pictures of both machines. So I guess I took the wrong one as mine has some problems :D

And second surprise: Your birthday is at the same day as mine :D This is so crazy :D

Edited by Leatherbag

6 minutes ago, Leatherbag said:

@paloma You won't believe it: But I just found a picture you posted here from your machine and I am pretty sure you purchased it in Mannheim, Germany - right?! Because I bought mine there too in April when they had both machines available :D I saw it at the "Durkopp Adler" letters, because I took pictures of both machines. So I guess I took the wrong one as mine has some problems :D

And second surprise: Your birthday is at the same day as mine :D This is so crazy :D

yes right for the dealer manheim a very pretty good guy and for the birthdate it's not my fault:lol:

2 minutes ago, paloma said:

yes right for the dealer manheim a very pretty good guy and for the birthdate it's not my fault:lol:

and the picture i show is nothing to see with the stitch point but with the size of the progress of the foot...

So crazy, our machines are sisters, your serial number ends with 15 and mine with 16 :)

2 minutes ago, paloma said:

and the picture i show is nothing to see with the stitch point but with the size of the progress of the foot...

Ok, but what do you want me to tell with the picture?

4 minutes ago, Leatherbag said:

So crazy, our machines are sisters, your serial number ends with 15 and mine with 16 :)

Ok, but what do you want me to tell with the picture?

that is my fitting set and i try to find the cause of your problem ( with my supermarket English....)

Ok, so I'll try it with my supermarket French, so at least one of us can stay with its mother's language:

Ce que je voudrai savoir c'est si tu peux me dire que la griffe et l'aiguille se bougent si tu met la manette de réglage de point à 0. Ici ma machine https://vimeo.com/333766977 et tu peux voir que la griffe et l'aiguille se bougent. Mais le réglage correct c'est qu'ils ne bougent pas. Je ne sais pas si ce bougement est normal ou si autre machines ne bougent pas du tout :)

Ce que je voudrai savoir c'est si tu peux me dire que la griffe et l'aiguille se bougent si tu met la manette de réglage de point à 0. Ici ma machine https://vimeo.com/333766977 et tu peux voir que la griffe et l'aiguille se bougent. Mais le réglage correct c'est qu'ils ne bougent pas. Je ne sais pas si ce bougement est normal ou si autre machines ne bougent pas du tout :)

Where above you write "bouge" ..you should write "avance" or "deplacer"
So...it must move, if not the thing is broken, but it must not move forwards and backwards..il doit se déplacer, de haut en bas, sinon la chose est cassée, mais il ne doit pas se déplacer vers l'avant et vers l'arrière. D'acc ..Ok :)..Ya :)
HTH..my written French is better than my written German, so I use English or French..
but..here goes..es muss sich bewegen, auf und ab, wenn nicht, dann ist das Ding kaputt, aber es darf sich nicht vor und zurück bewegen.
Apologies to you both for the grammar.. but I'm posting and cooking at the same time ..and Mdme Mikesc is giving me "rolling eyes" ..she is hungry..

edited to correct rushed translations a little..;)

where it reads "chose" I would have normally written "machin", ou "truc" but that got me more "rolled eyes"..;)

Edited by mikesc

Your German is very good! But I'll continue in english, so that most of the readers here can follow.

28 minutes ago, mikesc said:

So...it must move, if not the thing is broken, but it must not move forwards and backwards.

But at Adler 69, it never moves up and down - its only pushed down by the transport foot veeery lightly like about 1-2mm and comes up when the presser foot goes up - is it what you mean with "up and down"? It slightly moves backwards and forwards but if I try it with material, it always stitches into the same hole. So I thought that this would be ok. But now, that I have this problem with the stitch regulation lever moving, I am wondering of these two problems could be connected...?!

Edited by Leatherbag

Yes that is what I meant..a veeeeery slight movement, :) I thought that you were concerned that it was moving at all, I just wanted to point out that it should move, very very slightly ( sehr sehr leicht ..très très légèrement ) ..now going to eat, maybe look in later.. / ) I hope that between you and Paloma you can get it working correctly :)

ok, enjoy your meal, I will continue tomorrow with learning how the movement of the stitch length lever could be connected to the slight backward and foward movement of the feed dog and maybe also with the noise (which is pretty quiet now but I still feel that there is some resistance). I just cant relay until everything works how its supposed to be :)

4 hours ago, Leatherbag said:

When sewing, the stitch regulation lever moves

Mine does as well but only slightly and mostly at the widest open stitch length. My zero position also moves back and forward slightly but maybe not quite as much as yours.

13 hours ago, Leatherbag said:

Ok, so I'll try it with my supermarket French, so at least one of us can stay with its mother's language:

Aaaah yes, okay i understand now,i just make a test right now and it s not move as you describe.I change my stitching size set ,as your, on 0 and the needle up & down,but the horizontal claw mooves very very very slightly  it's barely noticeable.if you have the the nose on it.

https://vimeo.com/351135389

Sorry for my bad answers before.

Edited by paloma

Ok, great, thank you so much for the video, that helped a lot!! I am not home now, will compare it later with mine (when I took the video I just turned the handwheel, will do a test with the motor too) but I think they move pretty similar. 

Now I've got a second question: If you set the stitch length to MAX, does your stitch length lever (the black thing you also pull to do backwards stitched) move? Because mine moves and I am pretty sure that this is not normal..https://vimeo.com/351023059

Edited by Leatherbag

once I have placed the lever to the right, the black stitch length selector no longer moves

adl.jpg

Edited by paloma

Ok thank you. Just to be sure because on your photo the stitch length is still 0 - what is when you set it to the maximum stitch length (move the stitch length selector as far down as possible) and then sew - does the selector move? Mine is moving slightly up and down, you can also feel it when you put a finger on it while sewing. Here is a picture to see what I mean.

31-07-_2019_17-56-41.jpg

Edited by Leatherbag

5 hours ago, paloma said:

once I have placed the lever to the right, the black stitch length selector no longer moves

adl.jpg

in any case.down/up/middle/it not moves ( the horizontal black handle-selector)

Edited by paloma

avec plaisir, et heureux d'avoir pu t'aider!;)

18 hours ago, paloma said:

avec plaisir, et heureux d'avoir pu t'aider!;)

Merci beaucoup :)

Puis-je vous demander quelque chose d'autre?
Si tu places le sélecteur au maximum (tout en bas), peux-tu me montrer une vidéo de la manière dont le transporteur et les pieds se bougent? Comme je l'ai fait dans cette vidéo https://vimeo.com/351373018? 
Ce serait une grande aide. Merci beaucoup d'avance :)

Edited by Leatherbag

2 hours ago, Leatherbag said:

Merci beaucoup :)

Puis-je vous demander quelque chose d'autre?
Si tu places le sélecteur au maximum (tout en bas), peux-tu me montrer une vidéo de la manière dont le transporteur et les pieds se bougent? Comme je l'ai fait dans cette vidéo https://vimeo.com/351373018? 
Ce serait une grande aide. Merci beaucoup d'avance :)

https://vimeo.com/351392150

Edited by paloma