Just finished these two up. Made the knives and then the sheaths.  Pleased overall with them.  Constructive criticism always welcome.  

20190728_101807.jpg

20190728_101905.jpg

20190728_125032.jpg

20190728_101837.jpg

20190728_122955.jpg

Looks very good.  How did you get the rolled portion at the top of each sheath.  Interesting.

Vikefan

18 minutes ago, Vikefan said:

Looks very good.  How did you get the rolled portion at the top of each sheath.  Interesting.

Vikefan

Kind words thank you 

5 minutes ago, callmebubba said:

Vikefan beat me to it. Please let us know so I don’t waste any leather trying to figure it out!

By no means is that my idea.  It's a deer skin liner.  I learned it from the Paul Long tutorials which you can purchase. Paul is an expert sheath maker and makes sheaths for the top knife makers in the country.  I've learned a lot from his videos.  

Basically you cut out your sheath. Then lay the good side of the sheath on the good side of the liner.  The you stitch down the belt loop to the edge.  Add contact cement to each side. Then u roll it over and glue it.  After that you skive the edges glue in the welt and glue together the edges then stitch.  Note you need to stitch down the belt loop part before gluing the welt.

Hope that makes sense guys.  

3 minutes ago, Rossr said:

Kind words thank you 

By no means is that my idea.  It's a deer skin liner.  I learned it from the Paul Long tutorials which you can purchase. Paul is an expert sheath maker and makes sheaths for the top knife makers in the country.  I've learned a lot from his videos.  

Basically you cut out your sheath. Then lay the good side of the sheath on the good side of the liner.  The you stitch down the belt loop to the edge.  Add contact cement to each side. Then u roll it over and glue it.  After that you skive the edges glue in the welt and glue together the edges then stitch.  Note you need to stitch down the belt loop part before gluing the welt.

Hope that makes sense guys.  

Makes perfect sense. Don’t see a lot of lined knife sheaths so I wouldn’t have thought of that. 

Thank you!

Awesome.  Thank you for sharing.

Vikefan

4 minutes ago, callmebubba said:

Makes perfect sense. Don’t see a lot of lined knife sheaths so I wouldn’t have thought of that. 

Thank you!

You see them on a fair bit of high end custom knives.  It helps hold the knife in without wet forming the sheath and it sure adds a nice touch too.  I do not know  Paul Long personally but he does post here and he may chime in...almost all of his I've seen has a liner.  

It's more work but I think it's worth it. 

Happy to share and like I said it's not my idea.  We are all learning from each other.  You are welcome. 

7 minutes ago, Vikefan said:

Awesome.  Thank you for sharing.

Vikefan

Welcome!

Wow great work,the rolled edges look very cool and your basket weave stamping is spot on.

Thanks for sharing the tip on rolled edges.

18 hours ago, noobleather said:

Wow great work,the rolled edges look very cool and your basket weave stamping is spot on.

Thanks for sharing the tip on rolled edges.

I was pleased with how the basket weave turned out. Thanks for noticing and the complements