jrprottas

Best Sewing Machines- New vs Used/Antique

2 hours ago, jrprottas said:

HERES WHAT THE ARTISAN WEBSITE CLAIMS. Seems to cover a broader range of thin to thick applications. Again, anyone have experience with the TORO ARTISAN 3200?

Again, I recommend that you contact the company directly with your concerns. If they warrant that their particular machine can effectively sew from x thinness to y thickness, by simply changing needle and thread sizes, then you can either take their word for it, or request sewn samples ranging from 2 ounces through 72 ounces (sewn with the appropriate range of thread sizes). If it turns out to be so, post pictures and buy the machine (get the full details about the warranty and phone/email/chat assistance after the sale).

I want to mention that I have personal experience running Cobra and Cowboy 441 clones. We have a CB4500 in our shop and use it every day. While most jobs are at least 12 ounces, a few are thinner. I have to do a procedure I call Dumbing down a Cowboy CB4500, Cobra Class 4, or similar harness stitcher to sew thin material with thin needles and thin thread. These are basically the same class of machine as the Artisan Toro 3200 and 4000: 441 clones.