Guest JRusso510

Zero-Max Speed Reducer

Guest JRusso510

Hi all, I am trying to install a zeromax speed reducer i bought onto a juki ddl8700 with servo motor for some fine tune sewing of curved in tight spaces on small objects of leather and other thich fabric.  Could anyone help me in figuring out how it is to be mounted/installed?  

I can grasp the concept and verify the reducer device appears to be working properly, I am just a bit confused on where to mount, top or bottom, and how/if I need to move my current servo motor for the belts to correspond and unit to sew properly.  Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated

I am a technician and have no problems using my hands I am just not exactly a pro when it comes to sewing machines as I have only picked it up as a side hobby over the past 1-2 years.  

Thanks! James

I haven't seen one of those type reducers on a sewing machine, but ultimately mounting will depend on your table and preference.  I went with a box type reducer that utilizes the same mounting holes as the servo and the servo mounts to the bottom of the box...made it very simple, but on my old adler i had to remove the knee lift as the bracket interfered with the box mounting position.  If it was a huge deal, and my table would allow it, I could rotate the entire assembly 180* and set the motor to spin the other way, but that would require drilling new holes and my table wouldn't fit it that way so I'm ok for now with using the rear foot lift, and will probably get a treadle pedal and connect a wire to the lift roller down the road a bit.

Hope this helps, would love to see pics of how it turns out.  

Have you checked this topic on the forum from 2016?

" Zero-Max e1 Adjustable Drive (Speed Reducer) Any Info? "

It my affect whether you attempt to install it.

kgg

12 minutes ago, kgg said:

Have you checked this topic on the forum from 2016?

" Zero-Max e1 Adjustable Drive (Speed Reducer) Any Info? "

It my affect whether you attempt to install it.

kgg

linked it...

Thanks koreric75.

kgg