GaryNunn

Tape measure clip? What is this called & where can I find them?

Is there an actual name for this type of clip and where can I find them? I see plenty of people offering products with them on Etsy, so I'm guessing they're available somewhere.

Gary

zzzzzzzzzImage1.jpg.8213d89cd8c1bfce56f70c0752dba33a.jpg

4 hours ago, GaryNunn said:

where can I find them?

You might search this site for previous posts regarding this very same question. One would think these metal loops would be very available, but, surprisingly, they don't seem to be.

LatigoAmigo is correct, there was a previous thread and I don't recall any real success in sourcing the exact metal piece.  Perhaps that is part of the patent?

A customer wanted me to make him a custom tool pouch with this tape clip on.  I had to buy a cheap pouch with it on at lowes and tear it off to use on mine.  Had to do the same thing for the hammer loop.  I could not fine them available anywhere.

This clip looks simple enough. Why not get yourself a piece of sheet metal and take a stab at making your own?

16 hours ago, LatigoAmigo said:

You might search this site for previous posts regarding this very same question. One would think these metal loops would be very available, but, surprisingly, they don't seem to be.

I actually did do a search before posting this.

The threads I have seen as well as my own searches all come up empty for a supplier of these clips. I resorted to buying a tape measure holder and cutting the clip off.

Todd

3 hours ago, Hildebrand said:

The threads I have seen as well as my own searches all come up empty for a supplier of these clips. I resorted to buying a tape measure holder and cutting the clip off.

With such interest, you might think that some of the leather suppliers who advertise here would find a way to obtain and sell these... hint, hint. 

It states Patent Pending so you could look up the patent and find the owner who may advise, 

Hi @GaryNunn, I had the same question - lots of products with these but the part doesn't seem to be available. I ended up designing my own and having it made out of heavy stainless steel. Now I offer it on my website for DIY too.

Just posted with volume discounts, but if you need larger quantities let me know at josh@holstery.com.

https://holstery.com/products/tape-measure-holder-clip