DaddioDigs

30 years too late

The bug has bit me. 30 years too late.  Thank you YouTube for the discovery of my new-found passion.  And for putting a sizable dent in my checking account.
I have so many questions, so many ideas and a scrap heap of bad carving.  But it's great fun and I've already learned so many things from my mistakes.  Been a guitar player since I was a kid and the part of leathercraft that intrigues me the most is, like an instrument, the ability to develop ones own style. 
Look forward to being part of this community and developing my skill to the point of being able to help others.  

Dave

Welcome!  And be sure to share some of your works here, show it off or put it in the critique my work section, you are sure to get a lot of constructive feedback.

YinTx

59 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Welcome!  And be sure to share some of your works here, show it off or put it in the critique my work section, you are sure to get a lot of constructive feedback.

YinTx

Thank you so much.   Been reading posts as a guest for a week and it seems like a great community.  Just posted my first project / coaster. 

9 hours ago, DaddioDigs said:

The bug has bit me. 30 years too late.  Thank you YouTube for the discovery of my new-found passion.  And for putting a sizable dent in my checking account.
I have so many questions, so many ideas and a scrap heap of bad carving.  But it's great fun and I've already learned so many things from my mistakes.  Been a guitar player since I was a kid and the part of leathercraft that intrigues me the most is, like an instrument, the ability to develop ones own style. 
Look forward to being part of this community and developing my skill to the point of being able to help others.  

Dave

WELCOME @DaddioDigs and its never to late. Your here now. I look forward to seeing you develop your style. I guess guitar straps will come in there sometime.

I am with you.  I got interest in leatherworking at 45.  So it is never to late as long as it makes you happy.

Shucks I only started at 70, also 3D printing and learning Fusion 360 at the same time, must do something to keep those few grey cells that still exist alive