fredk

Tandy On-line Library - Special Price

Tandy keeps an on-line digital resource of thousands of their old template/patterns, tips sheets, ideas from some of their tutors eg George Hurst. They even have digital copies of some of the Al Stohlman books and other books. Prices ranged from Free and upwards, many in the 99c and $1.99 brackets

Recently I was keeping a load of these patterns and tip sheets in my 'basket'. Cost was to be about $40. I was waiting on a decent $ to £ rate before buying.

Last night I went to buy them and found the system had deleted the 'basket' contents. I put the patterns I wanted back in, but the Library pages were slow in loading, up to 1 minute to change a page!

But I discovered as I went along the hours [literally, hours] to go thru the Library and put the ones I wanted, plus more, was well worth it.

All the patterns et ectrea are FREE,   ~ as of the time I write this. (15.25 BST August 10 '19)

I've no idea if this a temporary offer or what.

Check it out for yourself:  https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/

But remember the website is running very slow right now, but after you buy the download of the pattern is as fast as your own computer allows

The website won't even load for me

Edit: Its worked took like 10min though. Thanks for the link

Edited by JasonVolkert

Hang-on in there. Keep trying. It may be worthwhile for you

I've tested my link again and its opening ok

I spent HOURS doing this yesterday and late last night! Well worth the time it took.

Being retired has its advantages...lol!

My one regret was all the previous downloads I paid good money for were now available for FREE! :rolleyes2:

yeah but, no but, yeah but. . . . . look how many more you can get for nowt.

I'm now adding up a list of pages which were on the extreme verge of interest but worth getting now

I think it took me about 5 hours last night. Started about just after 22:00 hrs and ended shortly after 03:00 this morn

Sure enough -- it says free.  Gotta be a glitch, I'll check later to see how long it takes 'em to shut this off ;)

Some of these I bought THREE TIMES... years ago in paper form.  Then again when some of this was stolen. Then again when they became available in digital.

19 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Gotta be a glitch

No glitch!  Celebrating Tandy's 100 year anniversary and 100 years since Al Stohlman's birthday.

Website is sure slow, but it is working.  Server has reset a couple times while I've been putting stuff into my basket and checking it out.  It recovered without losing anything.

Tom

18 minutes ago, Northmount said:

. . . Celebrating Tandy's 100 year anniversary and 100 years since Al Stohlman's birthday. . . 

Well, thank you Mr Tandy.

I do like a lot of their patterns and tip sheets

Thank you for the heads up Fred and a big thank you to Tandy. I've downloaded some of the books I have had my eye on for a while and a few patterns too.

Thanks also for the heads up! I've availed myself of a ton of ebooks and patterns which I would otherwise not have been able to afford! Very generous of Tandy to make this available.

fredk you are awesome !

Just finished downloading another load of files. 110 done so far. 

I'll be printing out a portion of the pages, Thats gonna cost me!

Thanks for the heads up. Just finished downloading and saving a bunch of the patterns.

Thanks for the tip, Fred! I am downloading and printing a few books now. I resurrected an old black & white laser printer that has been gathering dust for 5 years and plugged it in and away we go!

Thank you for sharing! I'm downloading everything I can. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks for the tip, I just got 6 books I've been eyeballing.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, fredk said:

Tandy keeps an on-line digital resource of thousands of their old template/patterns, tips sheets, ideas from some of their tutors eg George Hurst. They even have digital copies of some of the Al Stohlman books and other books. Prices ranged from Free and upwards, many in the 99c and $1.99 brackets

Recently I was keeping a load of these patterns and tip sheets in my 'basket'. Cost was to be about $40. I was waiting on a decent $ to £ rate before buying.

Last night I went to buy them and found the system had deleted the 'basket' contents. I put the patterns I wanted back in, but the Library pages were slow in loading, up to 1 minute to change a page!

But I discovered as I went along the hours [literally, hours] to go thru the Library and put the ones I wanted, plus more, was well worth it.

All the patterns et ectrea are FREE,   ~ as of the time I write this. (15.25 BST August 10 '19)

But remember the website is running very slow right now, but after you buy the download of the pattern is as fast as your own computer allows

Thanks so much for the heads-up Fred!  I downloaded three projects and two Stohlman books and it only took me a couple of minutes.  Perhaps the website had lower volume this morning.  At any rate, I appreciate Tandy offering this to us for free and for your pointing it out to us!

On 8/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, fredk said:

Thanks so much for the heads-up Fred!  I downloaded three projects and two Stohlman books and it only took me a couple of minutes.  Perhaps the website had lower volume this morning.  At any rate, I appreciate Tandy offering this to us for free and for your pointing it out to us!

I just flipped through the Stohlman book on making leather cases and it is fantastic.  So glad to have known about this!

Thank you for sharing this info.

Thanks for the heads-up on this!

Thank you!  Just downloaded a "few" things ;)

On 8/13/2019 at 9:16 AM, Smartee said:

Just downloaded a "few" things

Yes, 984 files!  Now how to index all the items so I can find them!

Tom

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Yes, 984 files!  Now how to index all the items so I can find them!

Tom

I hear ya!  There's still a "few" more I'd like to download but haven't had the time!  I did do a printout of what I downloaded so at least I know which ones I have.  7 pages worth :)

Edited by Smartee