5 hours ago, toxo said:

Subscribe to "niteKore" on youtube. He also has a channel on Etsy under "DieselpunkRo". Minimal tools needed on a lot of Tonys designs.

Thanks.  Done already.

Regards

Gorgeous bag!! Congratulations.

Great looking bag, looks broken in and comfortable from the get go. I echo all the others in admiration of that front closure system, it especially fits the look of the bag . Nice work.

Whoa  Cool bag!  Real useful information on the construction too

On 8/24/2019 at 7:55 AM, OLDNSLOW said:

Decided to drop in this morning before running out the door, and Glad I did!  That is a great item you created my friend and don't take any less that what you have decided to price it at!  I can recall when you were starting out and that is a testament to a willingness to your dedication to take on new things and make them great!  As I was sitting here admiring the work I was reflecting back on items that I had made and wanted to make, and I think that when I decided to try and make money out of producing leather items that I NEEDED to sell instead of doing it for fun it lost its fun appeal!  Keep it fun and create things that make you happy! 

Thanks, Old. I may donate it to a church art sale we are doing next month. We'll see. 

On 8/24/2019 at 9:17 AM, battlemunky said:

Looks awesome Mutt. I'm working through my first bag right now, it's the messenger bag from Leodis' packet. I got Acadia's Ruby premium pull-up for my bag. First time with their leather. It is beautiful stuff but scratches a bit easier than I'd like to see., wishin' I'd have went with the Crazyhorse after seeing yours.

Any reason you went with punched holes over slanted ones? Your stitching is so damned nice I thought you'd have went traditional. Don't get me wrong, the round holes look great on this, just curious is all.

I just wanted to get one of his patterns under my belt and following instructions seemed the most fool proof way to move along with it. Jeez Louise I've probably spent 150 on his patterns and never built one. And, I recently bout some sinabroks second hand 1.5mm hole punches and wanted to try them out.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:37 AM, Mattsbagger said:

Looks great other Matt! I have used his patterns before too. Instead of punching round holes I used my diamond awl and punched each hole individually. Lol That took a few minutes.

Thanks other Matt. I'm glad everyone likes it. Building it did prompt some stitching pony ideas for sure. Some of the assembly was tough to get going.

13 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Building it did prompt some stitching pony ideas for sure. Some of the assembly was tough to get going.

Oh man! I don't know if I enjoyed making my pony as much as I enjoy using it. There are few things more rewarding than being able to make something that provides so much utility when used. I'm super pleased with mine and it isn't even extremely optimized.

On 8/25/2019 at 7:13 PM, Roustaboutgoods said:

Whoa  Cool bag!  Real useful information on the construction too

Thanks.

@battlemunky to be honest, I have more ideas pop in my head than I ever get around to building. I haven't even made racks in my French cleat system for my tools yet. Lol.

Looks great bikermutt07. Thanks for sharing with us and giving us details.

Great looking bag!  I recently used one of his patterns to make a bag for my wife. It was the one called a corset bag, I believe. She loves it. 

Mutt !!!!!!!!!! Haven't been around much,but glad to see some of your work.  Dude, I can't believe you fell for the tape,punch holes and cut deal !!! I have many of Tony See patterns and they are great, just being a self taught, make a reusable template kinda guy, i don't use his instructions. I use my diamond chisels or my sewing MO-Sheen(which seems to be frowned upon with Tony's followers) and of coarse have to do some tooling on them ;).

I print the patterns and use spray adhesive to glue them on poster board to be reused.

The bag looks great, I love everything about it !! I wish i could post pics of the stuff I make, but cant figure this platform for the life of me(even have a stupid resizing app and still no go) !!

Tony is a great guy(I've chatted with him many times) and an awesome designer !!

Anyway, regards Amigo !!!

That, sir is a piece to be proud of.  The contrast between the two leathers is amazing.  That is my cup of tea if you will.  

I like the closure system on the flap.  Funny how there are so many ways to accomplish it.  That one is pretty cool and there really is no hardware to fail, etc.

If carrying that around doesn't generate interest and people wanting one for their own I'll be amazed.

Good job!

Thanks guys. As I mentioned before I just wanted to bang one out without having to make any adjustments. Also, I had recently purchased some second hand sinabroks hole punches I was itching to try out. And, I had some huge thread I wanted to use up. These are what led me to making it how Tony designed the pattern. 

12 hours ago, Eddie Q said:

Mutt !!!!!!!!!! Haven't been around much,but glad to see some of your work.  Dude, I can't believe you fell for the tape,punch holes and cut deal !!! I have many of Tony See patterns and they are great, just being a self taught, make a reusable template kinda guy, i don't use his instructions. I use my diamond chisels or my sewing MO-Sheen(which seems to be frowned upon with Tony's followers) and of coarse have to do some tooling on them ;).

I print the patterns and use spray adhesive to glue them on poster board to be reused.

The bag looks great, I love everything about it !! I wish i could post pics of the stuff I make, but cant figure this platform for the life of me(even have a stupid resizing app and still no go) !!

Tony is a great guy(I've chatted with him many times) and an awesome designer !!

Anyway, regards Amigo !!!

A lot of his army of followers are also of the notion that if it isn't vegtan and handsewn it will fall apart in a month. That's not really his fault, it's just newbs being newbs.

As far as machine sewing goes, I'm still pretty gun shy of my two machines. I did however, find a company similar to Tony's on Etsy that has some machine sewing patterns. I might try a few of those to get my feet a little wet.

Turned out great, @bikermutt07! Very rustic, and already looks like it's been around a while.  I like Diesel Punk's YouTube channel as well, lots of good stuff there.

Thanks @pepeunidos.

Yay you made a thing! Haha. In all seriousness I like it. That leather is nice

One day I'll try some out. Is it chrome tan?

On 9/25/2019 at 11:11 PM, Stetson912 said:

Yay you made a thing! Haha. In all seriousness I like it. That leather is nice

One day I'll try some out. Is it chrome tan?

Yes. It's a buffed finish pull-up from Acadia. It's called crazy horse. I can't remember the color. If you follow Acadia on Instagram they have sales almost daily that aren't listed on their website. It may even be considered an oil tan. The color change our "pull-up" is achieved by stuffing it with tallows and waxes. It's pretty weather friendly, but on a side note, it doesn't glue very well.

Awesome bag! Congratulations!

Very nice! I love the leather combination. The brown against the crazyhorse is perfect. Nice job!

Nice bag there Mutt!

I've used a couple of his patterns so far, and have enjoyed them. Some are machine friendly, but many aren't without modifications. Although modifying them will make them all yours, so I guess it's a wash on that.

On 10/1/2019 at 4:43 AM, bikermutt07 said:

Yes. It's a buffed finish pull-up from Acadia. It's called crazy horse. I can't remember the color. If you follow Acadia on Instagram they have sales almost daily that aren't listed on their website. It may even be considered an oil tan. The color change our "pull-up" is achieved by stuffing it with tallows and waxes. It's pretty weather friendly, but on a side note, it doesn't glue very well.

Mutt, you are right about gluing that type of leather.  The only way to have a chance is to use a really good contact cement and roughen the two surfaces of leather A BUNCH.  Let the cement sit a while, don't be in a hurry to put the two sides together.

BTW, let's see some pictures after you have used the bag for a while.  That leather wears very nicely I bet and will take on a very unique patina.

Edited by Tugadude

3 hours ago, Tugadude said:

Mutt, you are right about gluing that type of leather.  The only way to have a chance is to use a really good contact cement and roughen the two surfaces of leather A BUNCH.  Let the cement sit a while, don't be in a hurry to put the two sides together.

BTW, let's see some pictures after you have used the bag for a while.  That leather wears very nicely I bet and will take on a very unique patina.

I actually have an associate/buddy test driving that bag this week. He'll be buying it.

5 hours ago, Dpalmay said:

Nice bag there Mutt!

I've used a couple of his patterns so far, and have enjoyed them. Some are machine friendly, but many aren't without modifications. Although modifying them will make them all yours, so I guess it's a wash on that.

15 hours ago, AndyL1 said:

Very nice! I love the leather combination. The brown against the crazyhorse is perfect. Nice job!

Thanks guys.