Here is a belt pouch I made after being inspired by the full gusset model in the Nigel Armitage  pouch pack that I recently purchased. Leather for main body is 4-5oz veg-tan, the gussets are 3oz. The dye is Tandy Eco-flo in medium brown.

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

Edited by Carnivore
spelling

Nice clean work.

Looks Great, Very Nice :thumbsup:

Your stitching is lovely, and having tried Celtic knotwork, I know just how hard that decoration must have been, unless you used a stamp!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

The inspiration must have set a high bar, and it seems you have risen to the challenge! Excellent execution - great looking bag. Could you share the dimensions please?

49 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Your stitching is lovely, and having tried Celtic knotwork, I know just how hard that decoration must have been, unless you used a stamp!

I confess, for an item this small I used a stamp.:)

27 minutes ago, Riem said:

The inspiration must have set a high bar, and it seems you have risen to the challenge! Excellent execution - great looking bag. Could you share the dimensions please?

Approx:  5" w  x 4.5" h  x  1.5" deep.

Good job. Very neat.

Very nice bag.

A really tidy little bag. What will you be carrying in it?

Very nice.

2 hours ago, noobleather said:

A really tidy little bag. What will you be carrying in it?

Mainly small first aid kit and survival necessities for when I am hunting.

I need to make something like this for my Pard 007 spotter. Don't know whether it'll be this type or the wrap under style. I'll defo try to find something I can do on the machine though :)

Nigel visits this forum from time to time.  I hope he sees it.  I know he will be stoked.  Or chuffed I suppose they would say in England.

Nice job!

Ray

Excellent.  Recently, I started watching his videos on Vimeo.  He is too good.  His minute detailing means big business.

Regards

Sangrati

I like the color and all the work you put into it.  The look is unassuming and beautiful, we all know the work it took to make it look that way.  Nice job.

Really great job. I too have watched and been inspired by Nigel's video. I hope I can do it as good as you have. Well done . T

I do indeed visit and I am both Stoaked and Chuffed!!!
An amazing job Carnivore, I love that you have taken the design and made it your own.  
That is exactly what I had in mind for those videos, learn the basics and then grow with them and you have done just that.

Brilliant Job.

Nigel

Neat!

I'm wondering, why did you go with a triangular stitching job on the belt loop? Wouldn't that put extra wear on the triangle tip?

I too recently purchased the pack and modified it to make a pipe pouch with interior pockets for lighter, tamper and cleaners. I don't wanna hijack this thread so I'll post pics elsewhere, hopefully Mr Armitage will see them, as I'm not on FB.

I do have  a question, though: what do you do if you end up somehow with a hole mismatch on gusset and panel(s)? :unsure:

11 hours ago, Dangerous Beans said:

I do indeed visit and I am both Stoaked and Chuffed!!!
An amazing job Carnivore, I love that you have taken the design and made it your own.  
That is exactly what I had in mind for those videos, learn the basics and then grow with them and you have done just that.

Brilliant Job.

Nigel

Thank you for the kind words Nigel, coming from a master like yourself they mean a lot to a struggling, eager to learn amateur.:)

Daryle

3 hours ago, Hardrada said:

Neat!

I'm wondering, why did you go with a triangular stitching job on the belt loop? Wouldn't that put extra wear on the triangle tip?

I too recently purchased the pack and modified it to make a pipe pouch with interior pockets for lighter, tamper and cleaners. I don't wanna hijack this thread so I'll post pics elsewhere, hopefully Mr Armitage will see them, as I'm not on FB.

I do have  a question, though: what do you do if you end up somehow with a hole mismatch on gusset and panel(s)? :unsure:

That's a good question Hardrada, I asked myself that,  because on other pouches I have made I used more of a quadrilateral pattern with a few stitches along the bottom for the belt loop stitches. I will not be carrying much weight in it so I am hoping it will suffice as is. As far as your mismatched stitch hole question goes it depends how out of line it is. If just a slight mismatch I would use an awl to force a match and hope is is not too noticeable. I am learning that that no one is perfect and part of the process is being able to recover from glitches and oversights without having to sacrifice the entire project. Maybe some of the experts on here will chime in provide a better answer.