I made my 1st shoes :) so exciting,

I did a 2 day course with "I can make shoes" & i can recommend it to others, they are based in London & New York, but also have some PDF guides websitehttps://icanmakeshoes.com/

These are what I made on the course, you can pick styles, colors materials etc which is nice, the uppers are a suede / nubuck material approx 2 mm thick, fully lined with a microfiber lining, 3mm veg tan leather soles.

Enjoyed it so much I brought the lasts, & have spent a small fortune on new tools & products! so now I have to make some more to justify the cost!

image1.jpeg

Ahhh well done and you new shoes have walked you over another expensive line!

Very nice. Way to go. I have thought about taking one of the New York classes. I didn't realize they had the individual lessons online.

The online stuff I think is just PDF, I would recommend doing one of the actual workshops to get the principles down

Very cool and quite a feat!  Sorry, couldn't help myself.  I'm a certified "dad-joke" teller.  But I'm trying to kick the habit.

Those look awesome ! Great job 

Nice!

1 hour ago, Tugadude said:

But I'm trying to kick the habit.

You can try but it won't last.

Very nice

Nice job on the shoes HaloJones.  Those turned out a treat. 

5 hours ago, arashikage said:

Very nice. Way to go. I have thought about taking one of the New York classes. I didn't realize they had the individual lessons online.

The Chicago School of Shoemaking is another option if you are looking to travel.

Jason Horvatter of Laughing Crowe has two dvd's on shoe making.  If you like the style of HaloJone's shoes, check out his Making Your Own Boots dvd.  Jason also does classes.  I was on his website the other day and it looks like Jason has branched out into lasted shoes as well as his other styles.

15 hours ago, robs456 said:

You can try but it won't last.

Nice!  BTW, I don't want to take anything away from Halo's work.  Making shoes has to be a pretty difficult task.  I applaud anyone who even attempts to make boots, shoes, etc.

Thanks all :)