Michael222

Smartphone leather wallet

I have a new business to create purses and wallets. I did not learn it In an orderly fashion and I learn everything from the net. I want to make a Smartphone leather wallet that sells for about $ 71 or close to it, and makes 10 units a month. So basically I'm looking for a Smartphone leather wallet with proven sales of at least 10-20 a month And also it  have pattern and  guidance How to create it.

So..you have no experience, you intend to start a leatherworking business*, and you are looking to copy someone else's ideas and designs ,and their patterns,( wallets and now phone cases )  and you want it all ( how to make the copies of those items from those designs ) explaining to you..

* That type of business is known as "knock offs"

Depends on how you want to go about it. Wet forming, cutting straight from a pattern ect.? Do you plan to hand sew or have a machine? Laser or stamping design? Dyed from the tannery or hand dyeing, airbrush or dip dye? What hardware do you want to include if any? Laser, clicker press or hand cutting, how do you plan to cut? Give an example in a pic of what you want to do. What tools or any experience if any do you have in leather or any trade or craft?

Please help us help you.

22 minutes ago, mikesc said:

So..you have no experience, you intend to start a leatherworking business*, and you are looking to copy someone else's ideas and designs ,and their patterns,( wallets and now phone cases )  and you want it all ( how to make the copies of those items from those designs ) explaining to you..

* That type of business is known as "knock offs"

its not "knock offs". Its not theft because I do Smartphone leather wallet which is not patent protected and there are many similar.Its not like you pay to designer and he designs a unique dress for you ,and Then you can sue for copying

Why do you want to put a smartphone in a wallet??

Phones belong in a pocket, purse, or phone carrier, . . . wallets are for money and credit cards.

May God bless,

Dwight

I'm a designer, ( whose work has been being copied for decades, without me seeing a cent for the copies ) you want to copy other designers work..that is "knock offs" ..You are not going to be getting any help from me..and I hope none from anyone else , if they have any ethics or honesty.

Designing takes time and effort..that is why people sell patterns..and why honest people do not copy.Oh..and to add.. all designs, intellectual property ( see "Berne Convention"), the USA is a signatory ) are copyright from the moment they are made, they do not even have to be registered, ( even in the USA ) to be copyright, patents are some thing different, as any good lawyer, judge, or designer knows. No, I'm not going to explain, nor debate with someone who knows that what they intend to do is dishonest, do your own legal research, make your own designs. Disappointed to see that some here are willing to help you to copy the work of other designers.Honesty and integrity are becoming rare commodities.

Edited by mikesc

15 minutes ago, mikesc said:

I'm a designer, ( whose work has been being copied for decades, without me seeing a cent for the copies ) you want to copy other designers work..that is "knock offs" ..

I agree, knock off or clone, not good. Clone -- A copy or imitation of something already existing, especially when designed to simulate it.

kgg

I am also looking for someone who has a leather items that sells 20 plus units per month, I just want you to make the units for me, market them alongside your own  and please give me the profit when they are sold

In doing this you will greatly increase my living standard as i am a pensioner and dont have the skills to do it all myself, although, i could ask Sergey to make me a logo on the cheap or free for you to stamp them with for me

It will also free up my time to play tiddly winks all day and not bother with that damn leatherwork that takes ages to make and equipment to buy and mantain, basically a win win situation all round, don't you agree

All offers to ripofallyou can.co.uk

Edited by chrisash

1 hour ago, Grumpymann said:

Depends on how you want to go about it. Wet forming, cutting straight from a pattern ect.? Do you plan to hand sew or have a machine? Laser or stamping design? Dyed from the tannery or hand dyeing, airbrush or dip dye? What hardware do you want to include if any? Laser, clicker press or hand cutting, how do you plan to cut? Give an example in a pic of what you want to do. What tools or any experience if any do you have in leather or any trade or craft? 

Please help us help you. 

5555555555555555555555555.jpg.c9c96d4624a2220c0209fc233911b11c.jpg

I have PFFAF 335 and dont want to use hand sew. i dont have experience And that's why I want to start with something as easy as smartphone wallet. I have all the tools needed for leather work. I want to use hand cutting. I thought about making a wallet like in the picture but I would like to hear more suggestions

1 hour ago, Dwight said:

Why do you want to put a smartphone in a wallet??

Phones belong in a pocket, purse, or phone carrier, . . . wallets are for money and credit cards.

May God bless,

Dwight 

I also thought like you until I saw some people put a smartphone in the wallett

1 hour ago, mikesc said:

I'm a designer, ( whose work has been being copied for decades, without me seeing a cent for the copies ) you want to copy other designers work..that is "knock offs" ..You are not going to be getting any help from me..and I hope none from anyone else , if they have any ethics or honesty.

Designing takes time and effort..that is why people sell patterns..and why honest people do not copy.Oh..and to add.. all designs, intellectual property ( see "Berne Convention"), the USA is a signatory ) are copyright from the moment they are made, they do not even have to be registered, ( even in the USA ) to be copyright, patents are some thing different, as any good lawyer, judge, or designer knows. No, I'm not going to explain, nor debate with someone who knows that what they intend to do is dishonest, do your own legal research, make your own designs. Disappointed to see that some here are willing to help you to copy the work of other designers.Honesty and integrity are becoming rare commodities.

You take things out of the profession. These wallets are in very simple designs that anyone can do and also those who made them copied from others because the fact that there are many wallets in the same design

If they re so simple..design your own..if anyone can do them..do your own..those who made them did not copy them from others, you have no proof of that you are just looking for justifications to steal the design of some one else.The design of another leatherworker, their stamp is even on the article in the picture that you posted, you are a thief.

I have flipped the design so that everyone can see the name of the leatherworker whose design you are asking for help in stealing..their stamp says CORTER.

This is their website..

https://corterleather.com/

Design that Michael222 wants to steal.jpg

What happened to the samsonite one you brought to take apart for the pattern, that was your original goal, you even had a sell price of $71

The pattern from Corterleather is $5, for unlimited use

https://corterleather.com/collections/patterns/products/pattern-travel-wallet

Edited by chrisash

Thanks Chris..that makes it even worse..for $5.00 he could buy a pattern from Corter,  and be able to use it with no limits , but..he prefers to ask for help to steal the design and not have to pay the 5 bucks.

Unfortunately Corter themselves are also making an item that uses the Louis Vuitton logo
https://corterleather.com/collections/patterns/products/pattern-cowboy-midlength-wallet

( which is "passing off", and various other offences, and is extremely illegal, if Vuitton find out they will be in major legal trouble )..although Michael222 would probably say that "everyone else is doing it, so it must be OK"..

Btw..

You take things out of the profession

Makes no sense at all in English.( some of his other comments are not easy to understand either ) if you ( Michael222 ) are using Google translate, it does not work, it makes very bad ( difficult to understand ) English sometimes. It does not do syntax, nor grammar, very well , and often it's translations of words are not accurate at all.

3 hours ago, Michael222 said:

i dont have experience And that's why I want to start with something as easy as smartphone wallet.

3 hours ago, Michael222 said:
These wallets are in very simple designs that anyone can do

Apart from you, apparently.

As before I will give you the benefit of the doubt and think something may be being lost in translation (I take it English is not your mother tongue?).

I'm going to spell it out for you: leather-working is a skilled collection of trades. You cannot just pick up some tools and a piece of leather and start making money without some experience, or using the experience of somebody else. That experience is hard-earned and valuable. Sometimes experience is lent out for free -- I'm always pleasantly surprised at the amount of advice, patterns and "how to" guides available for free, from people who have spent a long time working leather. But you have to start at the basics and work up from there. To demand everything given to you on a silver plate is naive, bordering on insulting. You wouldn't go to a collection of tailors and say "I have a sewing machine, how can I get free instructions to make suits, I've never sewn anything before. I want to sell 10x suits per month at $500 per suit."

I'll leave you with a pearl of wisdom my grandad taught me: If it were easy, everyone would do it. If everyone's not doing it, it's not easy. If everyone does it it's not valuable.

2 hours ago, Matt S said:

I'll leave you with a pearl of wisdom my grandad taught me: If it were easy, everyone would do it. If everyone's not doing it, it's not easy. If everyone does it it's not valuable

It was a waste of a read and then such a pearl:thumbsup:

G'Day,

I'm only going to echo what has already been said. You can't just suddenly pick up  a few tools  with the expectation of making money , thats not how it goes. It can take years to accumulate  knowledge, .........and years of making mistakes too! 

I've spent the last 15 years with my head buried in ' Al Stohlman '  and various leather books , and the last 6 or 7  years on here, and I still have my " L " plates on. 

I am not just a leather worker, I also have to be  a wood worker to make my own  moulds ( for wet moulding) , I also have to be good at drawing & designing  to make templates and  patterns  . 

As for " smart phones"  , all I can say is, good luck with that. By the time you've made a pattern or a mould, the phone you're making it for is obsolete, or the size or shape has changed , or..... some damn thing on it has changed  !  So you could potentially end up with  a heap of leather cases for ' smart phones' that are obsolete  :Lighten:  Thats why I make phone cases to order to avoid having ' obsolete' stock .

HS 

Edited by Handstitched

On 8/28/2019 at 7:15 AM, mikesc said:

( insert internet sarcasm here ) --->  You just need to retrain your total way of thinking, relax and go with the flow . . It Not Copying . It Is called .  ..." Doing my Artistic interpretation ", of your hard work in sourcing materials countless cut and re-cuts and figuring out proper order of completion of pattern with also the proper machines doing it .

Edited by nylonRigging

On 8/28/2019 at 11:42 AM, Michael222 said:

5555555555555555555555555.jpg.c9c96d4624a2220c0209fc233911b11c.jpg

I have PFFAF 335 and dont want to use hand sew. i dont have experience And that's why I want to start with something as easy as smartphone wallet. I have all the tools needed for leather work. I want to use hand cutting. I thought about making a wallet like in the picture but I would like to hear more suggestions

Ok, now take some measurements... the size of what you want to cover. Add about 1/8 th an inch on 3 sides. Then add about 1/4 to 2/4 of an inch then 2xs the thickness of the leather. That is the  general measurements you need. 

Sit down with your favorite drink and sketch the general idea of what you want. Fit that into the measurements you came up with. After you get that done come on back and we can go from there. Okay? 

On 8/28/2019 at 7:19 PM, mikesc said:

If they re so simple..design your own..if anyone can do them..do your own..those who made them did not copy them from others, you have no proof of that you are just looking for justifications to steal the design of some one else.The design of another leatherworker, their stamp is even on the article in the picture that you posted, you are a thief.

I have flipped the design so that everyone can see the name of the leatherworker whose design you are asking for help in stealing..their stamp says CORTER.

This is their website..

https://corterleather.com/

Design that Michael222 wants to steal.jpg

So if I went to a designer and he would design a wallet for my iPhone wallet then dozens of people could still find similarities between their wallet and my wallet and sue me then what does it matter? That's why in wallets you don't have the range to make your own unique design and therefore
No one can sue you for copying.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, chrisash said:

What happened to the samsonite one you brought to take apart for the pattern, that was your original goal, you even had a sell price of $71

I'll give it up because it's too hard to make it.

On 8/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, mikesc said:

Thanks Chris..that makes it even worse..for $5.00 he could buy a pattern from Corter,  and be able to use it with no limits , but..he prefers to ask for help to steal the design and not have to pay the 5 bucks.

Unfortunately Corter themselves are also making an item that uses the Louis Vuitton logo
https://corterleather.com/collections/patterns/products/pattern-cowboy-midlength-wallet

( which is "passing off", and various other offences, and is extremely illegal, if Vuitton find out they will be in major legal trouble )..although Michael222 would probably say that "everyone else is doing it, so it must be OK"..

Btw..

Makes no sense at all in English.( some of his other comments are not easy to understand either ) if you ( Michael222 ) are using Google translate, it does not work, it makes very bad ( difficult to understand ) English sometimes. It does not do syntax, nor grammar, very well , and often it's translations of words are not accurate at all.

You come here and accuse others of insulting derogatory pronouns that have no justification. I'm sure you're also stealing ideas from other people, too.
All companies do pretty much the same wallet designs and sometimes just the same.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:42 PM, Matt S said:

Apart from you, apparently.

As before I will give you the benefit of the doubt and think something may be being lost in translation (I take it English is not your mother tongue?).

I'm going to spell it out for you: leather-working is a skilled collection of trades. You cannot just pick up some tools and a piece of leather and start making money without some experience, or using the experience of somebody else. That experience is hard-earned and valuable. Sometimes experience is lent out for free -- I'm always pleasantly surprised at the amount of advice, patterns and "how to" guides available for free, from people who have spent a long time working leather. But you have to start at the basics and work up from there. To demand everything given to you on a silver plate is naive, bordering on insulting. You wouldn't go to a collection of tailors and say "I have a sewing machine, how can I get free instructions to make suits, I've never sewn anything before. I want to sell 10x suits per month at $500 per suit."

I'll leave you with a pearl of wisdom my grandad taught me: If it were easy, everyone would do it. If everyone's not doing it, it's not easy. If everyone does it it's not valuable. 

I speak reasonable English. I don't come and patronize someone who talk reasonable my language and tells him he doesn't know how to speak. You're talking about leather work as if it's a nuclear physics its just stitching a simple wallet.

9 hours ago, Grumpymann said:

Ok, now take some measurements... the size of what you want to cover. Add about 1/8 th an inch on 3 sides. Then add about 1/4 to 2/4 of an inch then 2xs the thickness of the leather. That is the  general measurements you need. 

Sit down with your favorite drink and sketch the general idea of what you want. Fit that into the measurements you came up with. After you get that done come on back and we can go from there. Okay?  

Okay I do that, but like I said, I want to hear more ideas for cellphone wallets with pattern and  guidance How to create it.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:47 PM, chrisash said:

They register aboute this pattern -Unlimited license to make and/or sell this design wherever/whenever. Go wild with it.
So it's not a "knock offs"  And  same goes for the rest of patterns.

Edited by Michael222