pitersek

Knife sheath with snake skin inlay

Hello,

Another leather sheath form my workshop. I do not show a lot f my works, but this I decided to share. This one has inlay made with Indian Cobra leather, matching the handle of the knife. All stitched by hand.

If you have any questions I gladly answer.

RWJm6Hw.jpg

LGQ16ZL.jpg

eY98r23.jpg

C7ez8mp.jpg

bbirzMd.jpg

IZ2ndkX.jpg

MbnaWJC.jpg

Very nice work!  Colors go really well with the knife handle too.

On a side note, all of my grandparents came to the USA from Poland in the late 1800’s - visiting Poland is on my bucket list.  I love that food!

Gary

Beautiful work. On both the knife and the holster. 

Great work,the snake skin really pops out against that deep black.stitching looks really nice and you must be happy with the burnished edges.

Absolutely fantastic work.  Everything to love about it:  cool shape, exotic leather, awesome color scheme to match with the knife, great stitching, perfect edges, I think there may be no glory left for the rest of us!  Really glad you shared this, something to aspire to in my next works.

YinTx

This is wonderful.  The inlay seems perfect. Love how it matches the knife with the colors. Solid work.  Keep posting please it's great to see your work. 

Ross

Thank you all for the kind words! Means a lot.

I will try to post more of my works, although not all of them are as complex as this one.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:18 AM, garypl said:

Very nice work!  Colors go really well with the knife handle too.

On a side note, all of my grandparents came to the USA from Poland in the late 1800’s - visiting Poland is on my bucket list.  I love that food!

Gary

Haha, I know what you talking about :)

We have familly in the States, everytime they come to visit us they say it - we love the food ;)

Wow! You really captured the style of the knife, in that sheath. Fantastic! Truly looks like a matched set.

nick

Edited by wizard of tragacanth
OCD

That looks beautiful. Great job !

Top notch work! That shows a few levels of mastery in one project.

Really nice work! The stitching and edge finishing is really well done. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the comments! I am really glad you like it!

Edited by pitersek
typo

@pitersek I would like to know about the handle- I have seen aluminum honeycomb used before- but your handle material is it epoxy? 

How did you get the red fade to black- did you just mix pour or did you mold pour then insert the frame? looks incredible and very sleek!

Great lines and love the sheath as well- they match like a glove for an assassins' hand- those two just GO together.

Bravo mate!

On 9/2/2019 at 7:35 PM, SilverForgeStudio said:

@pitersek I would like to know about the handle- I have seen aluminum honeycomb used before- but your handle material is it epoxy? 

How did you get the red fade to black- did you just mix pour or did you mold pour then insert the frame? looks incredible and very sleek!

Great lines and love the sheath as well- they match like a glove for an assassins' hand- those two just GO together.

Bravo mate!

I am not a maker of the knife, please notice different signatures on the sheath and the knife :). I am just a leatherworker.

You can buy pices like this already prepared to make handles with it. The material is mentioned by you aluminum honeycomb and most propably some kind of epoxy. I will ask the maker if you want. I assume that to get this fade effect it was easier to mix epoxy and insert the frame into it. Otherway with pouring into chambers of the comb the transition would not be so smoothe as it is here - but it is just my opinion based on looking at finished piece.

Thank you for the kind words about the set! I will pass it to the maker!

That handle material is called C-Tek.

http://www.compositecraftinc.com/C-TEK.html

Completely unaffiliated, just posting for information's sake. :-)

Awesome!  Kudos on that Project!  I am in awe, seriously!

Great Job!!  I have a cobra skin, I can maybe try to do something along those similar lines..  WOW!!!

Simply Beautiful!

Vikefan

Great work! Is there a sheet of leather between snake and knife too? 

Beautiful work.   I loved visiting Krakow a few years ago.  It was beautiful.

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors!

One of the finest knife sheaths, that I have seen. I would be more than proud to wear that on my belt!