JLSleather

Burgundy/Mahogany thread

Who got it? In like a 207, or a 277? 

Nope, no burgundy.  'Preciate the good try though ;)

I know you have had a bad experience with Weaver, but they may have some.  I use their nylon thread almost exclusively, and have found it to be very consistent.  I use mainly black and white thread however, and colored thread is notorious for causing issues in a machine that otherwise has none.

I probably have a few spools laying around if you aren't looking for a supplier.  Would have to dig a bit to see what the size is if you are interested.

YinTx

1 hour ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

I know you have had a bad experience with Weaver, but they may have some.  I use their nylon thread almost exclusively, and have found it to be very consistent.  I use mainly black and white thread however, and colored thread is notorious for causing issues in a machine that otherwise has none.

SHOOT! I DID check on it.. and they DO have a "burgundy" and it IS purdy close to the shade I want... then realized it's only in #69!  ###$@#%$! ;)

I give up.. I got some sort of some shade of brown that isn't drastically noticeable.  Yeah, kinda glad they didn't have it... cuz Weaver really did irritate me purdy good... don't care to go back- ever.

Edited by JLSleather

1 hour ago, machinehead said:

That listing actually DOES say "burgundy", but maybe they post the wrong pic?  That spool looks awful BROWN to me. Maybe I drop em a line and ask if that really the wrong pic?

17 hours ago, JLSleather said:

That listing actually DOES say "burgundy", but maybe they post the wrong pic?

Quite often the difference between printers ink, thread colours and colour on a screen are 3 different things. Whilst they might be trying to show burgundy, your screen colours might be off a tad.

Have you tried contacting / checking out American & Efird at http://www.amefird.com . Great quality thread with the technical specs of their thread available.

kgg

What I used isn't really objectionable, but I was looking for something along the lines of this.  Git it??. "along the lines"... thread.. ugh- no matter.

Did you try Thread Exchange?

Have you looked at Vinymo? They have a lot of colors including Burgundy.

Vinymo Thread

22 hours ago, DrmCa said:

Did you try Thread Exchange?

Yup. I've ordered good stuff there before, but larger sizes are limited colors - just like everywhere else!

As long as I'm complaining, I'm still wondering why it's so tough to get 794 series needles in #23 too.  

2 hours ago, JLSleather said:

As long as I'm complaining, I'm still wondering why it's so tough to get 794 series needles in #23 too.  

What point are you wanting?  I got some with an LR point, and I think an S point also.  Pretty sure they came from Weaver.  If I remember correctly, you prefer a different point than either of those, so that might be where you run into the difficulty.

Yep, just looked in Weaver's catalog.  They have the 794 in #160 in both S and LR points, and the 7x3 nylon round point.

Yer memry is impressive.  Or do I really make that much noise :o

LL point is nice ;)  don't like the girly "lacey" slant that comes from LR's, plus they tend to ride higher, don't pull down as nice as LL's.  The S is better, but too much "space between" stitches

Edited by JLSleather
attach

Oh, BTW -- I did find somebody selling these in packs of less than 100.  Ebay user, service is pretty quick -- but only has #24, #25, occasionally #26. They have been "out of stock" on teh #23's for like 3 years :rofl:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Organ-7X4NW-DYX3LL-794LL-Leather-Point-Sewing-Machine-Needles-Singer-Consew/400730390609?var=670274800836

Edited by JLSleather