I am trying to see if anyone has had luck or has a better idea for painting white over dark brown fiebings leather dye. No matter what sealer we use it continues to bleed through. Anyone have any luck with this. Thank you 

I've used various methods.

1. multiple coats of thinned paint

2. sealing with a floor varnish. You don't say where you are. In the US you can get a floor 'polish' sometimes called 'Pledge with Future Shine'** or a similar name. It is not a floor polish but a water-thin acrylic varnish. A few coats of this makes a good sealer. Then paint silver, then white.    ** Astonish in the UK

3. Tippex / white out. A thin coat of this before the white paint. If you can use the roll of Tippex tape as it is more of a physical barrier

4 hours ago, fredk said:

I've used various methods.

1. multiple coats of thinned paint

2. sealing with a floor varnish. You don't say where you are. In the US you can get a floor 'polish' sometimes called 'Pledge with Future Shine'** or a similar name. It is not a floor polish but a water-thin acrylic varnish. A few coats of this makes a good sealer. Then paint silver, then white.    ** Astonish in the UK

3. Tippex / white out. A thin coat of this before the white paint. If you can use the roll of Tippex tape as it is more of a physical barrier

Thanks, I'm in Houston, tx. I will definitely try that. It's always a learning process. Everything seems to be good except white and man it's a pain in the butt. Will definitely try that. Thanks