Chakotay

"Hand of God" holster tutorial.

Hoping this is OK to post here; I'm wrapping up a multi-part Youtube tutorial on making Will Ghormley's "Hand of God" holster (all props to him).
It's part of my fledgling channel devoted to leatherwork (one of my many distractions). Full disclosure; I don't make any income from it or anything. It's just sorta my effort to contribute something to the site and the leather working community. As such, comments, critiques, smash/trashes are certainly welcome! 

Thanks for posting looking forward to seeing you stitching it up after stamping it.

Chakotay,

I am surprised a more senior member has not addressed your concerns regarding this.

I am neither a moderator or site admin, so this is obviously just my opinion; but I see no reason why you shouldn’t be able to post a link to a series of how to videos on leather working. After all, isn’t sharing knowledge of leather working, one of the purposes of this site?  

Although Will Ghormley has a very nice and informative step by step walk through on making The Hand of God holster and gun belt, a different perspective and/or method of the process can be very helpful. Some also learn better by watching a video vs reading a tutorial.

I watched all five videos in the series and commend you on the undertaking. I know from experience that preparing for, filming, and post production can all be quite time consuming. Awesome job in that respect, not to mention that the quality of lighting and shooting angles was top notch.

As for the actual content, I don’t think it would be fair for me to critic that, as I had already read Will’s tutorial a number of times over the years, prior to watching your series, and may be predisposed to favoring his approach. For someone new, these could be very useful and educational.  

I do have two comments though. One it would have been nice to include some shots of you in the opening introduction. I think people would like to see who is talking to them. Second, a short sequence of the stitching process would have been useful to the beginner holster maker.

All in all, a great job on the videos. Keep up the good work!

Thank you !!!! To share knowledge is a great thing and not done nearly enough in our world today.

Ghormley's tutorial is on leatherworker.net.  Talented people who are willing to share their knowledge with others are special in my book.  Will is one of the very best.