All I have been doing is small pictorial toolings. Rather do them instead of anything else.

After all these years ,73, i have a new sister. Ancestry !!! So all sisters and daughters

get a checkbook covers 

Here is the start of her's

DSCF00101.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

20 hours ago, Northmount said:

DNA tests are showing many unexpected siblings and relatives!  Great tool!

And your work looks really nice too.

Tom

You're right. It's all good if the ages fit it the right time line. Also if no one is holding their hands out.

Awesome.  And your example of giving vs. holding out your hands is to be followed.  Nice.

YinTx

That's a really nice find and a really nice gifting! Congrats on the new sister.

Thank you Yintex and Battlemunky.

I do a lot of rounds and 4 x6 inch pieces. An some of them fit

a piece of history of my family of close friends lifestyles. those go to them.

To me, Leather tooling is about reflections of life.

Stewart, I live about a half hour away from you in Plant City, and have many friends and some kinfolk in Lutz. I enjoy seeing your leather pictorials and if you ever want to meet and chat about the craft over a couple of beers let me know.

Looks great, but do people still use cheques, in the UK they are nearly dead apart from some companies

Edited by chrisash

13 hours ago, chrisash said:

. . .but do people still use cheques, in the UK they are nearly dead apart from some companies

Over 50% of my face to face business is paid for by check.  Until very recently, you couldn't use a credit card or debit card to pay for items bought at an auction, and some auction companies probably still don't take cards.  None of the Amish folks I deal with take plastic, with the exception of one wholesale supplier.  Personally, I write only a half dozen a month or so, but around here, checks are still a very common method of payment, especially with the 40 and over folks and farmers.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:22 PM, maxdaddy said:

Stewart, I live about a half hour away from you in Plant City, and have many friends and some kinfolk in Lutz. I enjoy seeing your leather pictorials and if you ever want to meet and chat about the craft over a couple of beers let me know.

Thank you for the offer. Been here since 1954.  Have to hang around the house most of the time.

On 10/10/2019 at 3:46 AM, chrisash said:

Looks great, but do people still use cheques, in the UK they are nearly dead apart from some companies

Thank you, They still do around here, some peple do not trust the smart phone apps for paying bills.

DSCF2011.JPG

13 hours ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

Over 50% of my face to face business is paid for by check.  Until very recently, you couldn't use a credit card or debit card to pay for items bought at an auction, and some auction companies probably still don't take cards.  None of the Amish folks I deal with take plastic, with the exception of one wholesale supplier.  Personally, I write only a half dozen a month or so, but around here, checks are still a very common method of payment, especially with the 40 and over folks and farmers.

Not everyone has computers or smart phones. Just like some of us still have hardwired house phones,