Sign in to follow this  
Paultalks

1700s Style Brass Button Stud

Folks, Can anyone please tell me where I might be able to find these? Tandy used to sell them, but they now have less authentic ones and one the name Sam Browne. I really want to keep items authentic looking. Thank you all in advance.

Copy IMG_0688.jpg

22 hours ago, DJole said:

Is this what you are looking for? 

I don't think this is what the OP is looking for. Try a search for Collar button on the Buckleguy site.

DJole and Rockoboy Thank you. Unfortunately they don't have it either. I may have to have these made. I really appreciate your efforts Thanks

These are what the originals look like. Just FYI. Thanks again all.

IMG_0705[1].jpg

IMG_0706[1].jpg

The original is an interesting shape! You say that's the original hardware on those bags?
What is the bag, and what is the time period for them? Maybe there is a re-enactor's group that has a source for that hardware. 

Edited by DJole

Gary, DUDE! You found the original acorn style. So cool. The German Luger holsters and other use the rounded, but these acorns are the ticket. Pricey, but the ticket. Thank you.

DJole, Thank you for your efforts and for the recommendation of the period groups. There is one I am familiar with called Florida Frontiersman. I will reach out to them as well.

Thanks ALL.

Now looking for a source like the picture I originally posted. I need the rivet setter type Sam Browne not the screw on type. Thank you.