Frodo

22lr as decoration buttons

I use 22lr as decoration buttons on a belt and wrist band.

I use plexe glass to hold the bullet while cutting, and s a  height/debth gauge

[can be adjusted by adding strips of leather or what ever ]

I made a set tool using a brass 5/16 brass acorn nut,  just jamb nut it on a rod, insert rod in a drill and let a file do its job

For safety concerns, use USED bullet cases,   You can see my brass is NOT used,   and the primer will go off  if you hit it wrong, scared the cat and the dog  my wife rolled her eyes....primer going off is just loud,nothing fling around.

22 bullet.jpg

rivets11.jpg

set tool.jpg

That is an excellent idea for a pattern on an item for a shooter! Unfortunately, here in Australia, we are not permitted to possess any cartridges (live or used), projectiles or associated items without having that calibre firearm on a valid firearms licence.

Like the idea. Maybe if you used a larger calibre spent casing like a 45-70 it could be used in the construction of a belt. Seating the bottom cutoff of the casing so the prong of the belt buckle would go through the primer hole rather than just the normal hole in the leather.

16 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

Unfortunately, here in Australia, we are not permitted to possess any cartridges (live or used), projectiles or associated items without having that calibre firearm on a valid firearms licence.

What a shame.

kgg

34 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

That is an excellent idea for a pattern on an item for a shooter! Unfortunately, here in Australia, we are not permitted to possess any cartridges (live or used), projectiles or associated items without having that calibre firearm on a valid firearms licence.

Here is my belt with 30/30 and 22  cases

IMG_1376.JPG

Possibly a belt with that sort of 'jewellery' would not attract any undue attention from our local LEO's because they are obviously unusable. On the other hand, as I have no firearms licence, a handful of spent cartridges would probably see the end of my career in the security industry.

Great ideas for recycling old cartridges.

43 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

Possibly a belt with that sort of 'jewellery' would not attract any undue attention from our local LEO's because they are obviously unusable. On the other hand, as I have no firearms licence, a handful of spent cartridges would probably see the end of my career in the security industry.

If the spent cartridge came into your possession ALREADY cut,  then it is not a spent cartridge it is just scrap brass

Or so i am thinking.  

I like the jig, I have cut quite a few brass casings with varied results, never figured out how to do it straight except on my lathe. The lathe works but is a pain to do in quantity. My jewelers saw will be getting a work out. 

As for flaring the backside, would a splash rivet setter work on the smaller calibers? 

cool idea indeed a  fellow could pick up hundreds at the range or here in Wyoming almost anywhere lol.