willford

New Cylinder bed machine Required

I am currently looking at new cylinder bed sewing machines. I have been given information on the Phaff 335, CB227R, Juki 1341 and CB341. I is my understanding that latter two are the same machine just different branding? i feel like the 335 will be too small for the capacity of leather i will be sewing. I am starting a business so wanting to make sure I am making a good quality product and wondered the main differences between the 227R and the 341. I have only had a quote for the Phaff 335, CB227R and Juki 1341. No quote for the CB341 yet. Any information on these machines plus best value for money. Obviously in time I can go to the better machine or should I just leap right in? I have tried to find sewing machine reviews online but mainly just people showing off their machines or what they sell so no pros and cons on the videos

8 hours ago, willford said:

Obviously in time I can go to the better machine or should I just leap right in?

Buy a Juki that fits your present and foreseeable future needs. Buy Once, Cry Once

kgg

8 hours ago, willford said:

I am currently looking at new cylinder bed sewing machines. I have been given information on the Phaff 335, CB227R, Juki 1341 and CB341. I is my understanding that latter two are the same machine just different branding? i feel like the 335 will be too small for the capacity of leather i will be sewing. I am starting a business so wanting to make sure I am making a good quality product and wondered the main differences between the 227R and the 341. I have only had a quote for the Phaff 335, CB227R and Juki 1341. No quote for the CB341 yet. Any information on these machines plus best value for money. Obviously in time I can go to the better machine or should I just leap right in? I have tried to find sewing machine reviews online but mainly just people showing off their machines or what they sell so no pros and cons on the videos

For a little background, Cowboy makes clones of popular machines in China. Quality is apparently good but not quite the level of premium manufacturers such as Juki, Pfaff and Durkopp Adler.

Juki came out with the 341 several years ago. Then they replaced it with the 1341, which was essentially the 341 but with more added better. Even the 1341 is now discontinued. Therefore the CB341 is a clone of a two-generations-superceded machine. Not to say it's not suitable for your purposes but if you're trying to make money out of this, it may be worth your while getting the best, most suitable machine for your purposes.

What are you intending to sew, BTW? It's hard to make suggestions without a specific idea of what you want to do, and in what volume.

It also depends on what country you are in, the USA I think still has large import duties on Chinese machines due to the trade war, so if you are from the USA, maybe a Japanese or other country who make machines will be a better price, just worth considering

5 hours ago, Matt S said:

For a little background, Cowboy makes clones of popular machines in China. Quality is apparently good but not quite the level of premium manufacturers such as Juki, Pfaff and Durkopp Adler.

Juki came out with the 341 several years ago. Then they replaced it with the 1341, which was essentially the 341 but with more added better. Even the 1341 is now discontinued. Therefore the CB341 is a clone of a two-generations-superceded machine. Not to say it's not suitable for your purposes but if you're trying to make money out of this, it may be worth your while getting the best, most suitable machine for your purposes.

What are you intending to sew, BTW? It's hard to make suggestions without a specific idea of what you want to do, and in what volume.

Thanks Matt, i am making mostly leather bags sewing up to 6mm but no thicker. I was looking at these machines as the juke is so expensive possibly could upgrade in a couple of years. I'm in New Zealand the volume won't be huge to start and could upgrade as my numbers increase