coma44

Question on value and maybe exact model 111W150

There is a craigslist post about 2 hours away from me for a Singer 111w150 for 150 bucks ad states the seller is retiring and wants the space. Looking on line in the "list" of Singers i did not find a w150? 

But for sewing bags wallets and accessories do you think is would be worth a look and a test run?

Thanks for any input.

861865382_111w1501.thumb.jpg.3b77fdc0fbfee2fd24c8a0d6dacc3c98.jpg1996777460_111w1502.thumb.jpg.4258f0752cb411371298f93d976b9d96.jpg

The 111 sub-class 150 is a needle feed, fixed foot machine. It will be fine for wallets and other flat seam sewing. If it encounters a tall seam, you will have to use the knee lifter to climb onto the higher level. It has a standard Singer G bobbin and can handle up to #138 bonded thread, but may like #92 better.

6 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

The 111 sub-class 150 is a needle feed, fixed foot machine. It will be fine for wallets and other flat seam sewing. If it encounters a tall seam, you will have to use the knee lifter to climb onto the higher level. It has a standard Singer G bobbin and can handle up to #138 bonded thread, but may like #92 better.

Thanks.  Little less of a machine than I want for the future, maybe I should just save up and buy the cowboy machine that will do most any project I can see my self doing

42 minutes ago, coma44 said:

Thanks.  Little less of a machine than I want for the future, maybe I should just save up and buy the cowboy machine that will do most any project I can see my self doing

I vote ---> . If ( it runs ) and you have a space for it to be stationed , ( Get It ) . 111and 112 needle-feed machines Run sweet, price is right, parts are plentiful .
And, You need more than one machine to make your life easier, and setting-up machines for a specific purpose/job is the way to go .

10 hours ago, nylonRigging said:

I vote ---> . If ( it runs ) and you have a space for it to be stationed , ( Get It ) . 111and 112 needle-feed machines Run sweet, price is right, parts are plentiful .
And, You need more than one machine to make your life easier, and setting-up machines for a specific purpose/job is the way to go .

I can see your point there. And this would be a cheap way into the machine world. I guess I should talk to the seller and take a ride to test it out. I was hopping to find a 111W155 to have the walking feet. But I could always resell this one if I find a better machine.

I propose that the collective nouns* for a group of sewing machines should be ..

Older machines..a "constabulary" of sewing machines..

Newer machines.." a "wiz" of sewing machines..

Both words can of course also be written with a capital letter..

Thus a "Constabulary" of sewing machines..

Also a "Wiz" of sewing machines..

*If the noun varies with the average age of the sewing machines in the group, it makes it easier to "visualise" both the machines, and their sounds..visualising sounds ..synesthesia .

Edited by mikesc

On 9/13/2019 at 7:37 AM, coma44 said:

I can see your point there. And this would be a cheap way into the machine world. I guess I should talk to the seller and take a ride to test it out. I was hopping to find a 111W155 to have the walking feet. But I could always resell this one if I find a better machine.

Keep looking. I found a 111w154 head on Craigslist for $80.00, offered 40 and got it, seller also gave me a nice servo motor to go with it. I cleaned it lubed it up, checked the timing and put it in a table. Sews like a champ....

2 hours ago, DSloop said:

Keep looking. I found a 111w154 head on Craigslist for $80.00, offered 40 and got it, seller also gave me a nice servo motor to go with it. I cleaned it lubed it up, checked the timing and put it in a table. Sews like a champ....

Oh ! Excellent. What we call a touch in the UK.

On 9/16/2019 at 7:47 AM, DSloop said:

I will be doing the same. The seller seems to not answer questions so must have sold any way

Well I found an ad for a 111W155 for 400$ running and can be tested.

10 hours ago, coma44 said:

Well I found an ad for a 111W155 for 400$ running and can be tested.

Does it have a servo motor, or the clutch type? I have sold several 111w155's for $300.00 with the clutch motor, I put them in my table that has a servo motor and let the buyer try them out. They always want to know where to get the Consew motors, as they are easier to use at low speed.

13 hours ago, DSloop said:

Does it have a servo motor, or the clutch type? I have sold several 111w155's for $300.00 with the clutch motor, I put them in my table that has a servo motor and let the buyer try them out. They always want to know where to get the Consew motors, as they are easier to use at low speed.

Looks to have a clutch the switch on the table appears to be the clutch style on off and the ad does not say servo

So if it has a table but the clutch motor what do you place on it for normal value. I was thinking 350$ would be a starting point. But I am cheap.